PDA

View Full Version : should I use my car to jump start another?

joel
2010.12.26, 18:24 PM
Just being cautious here. I want to make sure it's okay/safe to use my tdi to jump my gti.

I'm going to be trying to get the car back up & running pretty quickly tomorrow so a guy can come look at it.. need to get a bumper on, seats in, and the car started, brakes cleaned up, car cleaned, and maybe the passenger fender replaced. Nothing like the last-minute to get you motivated ;)

Rabbit 16v
2010.12.26, 18:28 PM
sure. You should be just fine. you do know how to jump start another car right? ;)

joel
2010.12.26, 18:54 PM
sure. You should be just fine. you do know how to jump start another car right? ;)

such confidence :D

yes, I do Chris ;)

know of any front gti sport seats, or a front NA small mk2 bumper in good shape?

Rabbit 16v
2010.12.26, 19:38 PM
possibly... i would need to check.

There should be zero prob with jumping another car with your emmkay 5.5.

joel
2010.12.26, 20:09 PM
possibly... i would need to check.

I'll be running around tomorrow looking for parts.. right now I'd just be happy to get something in decent shape that I can put back in/on the car

unimogken
2010.12.26, 20:16 PM
If its your own car then YES!

I was going to say NO but then read it was your own car!
When I worked at the grocery store stupid people would always need their cars jump started so I would do it to get me out of the store.
I then went thru the early generation of the Optima batteries like ever 3-6 months so I stopped helping them out.

So now my outlook on it is that I will only help hot chicks! Anyone else.....too bad! .....hehe

Rabbit 16v
2010.12.26, 20:20 PM
Ha! Gooda pran!