PDA

View Full Version : Jetta Problems. need help!!!

bradmaus
2010.12.27, 09:39 AM
02 Jetta 1.8t with a 6 speed swap. completly randomly and not too often when applying the brakes and coming to a stop the car just dies. then when i go to turn it on it takes about 15 seconds and the EPC light turns on. if i shut it right back off and restart it, it is normal. that happened randomly every few weeks. now when i was driving on the freeway last night, the car hickuped and the epc light came on. all the way home it would randomly hickup. WTF. any help please!!!

brad131a4
2010.12.27, 11:14 AM
I hear breathing into a bag curse hiccups. Not to sure what the EPC light is but it sounds like a sensor might be failing. If the car has a speed sensor but that might be what is causing the problem. Sorry I don't get to play with the newer ones very often so not as adapt on troubleshooting them.

trip permit
2010.12.27, 11:37 AM
Sound like darth vader breathing? My friends 1.8T was doing that..

Rabbit 16v
2010.12.27, 14:13 PM
Do you have VAG-COM?

bradmaus
2010.12.27, 14:16 PM
no remmeber i still have to bring the car back to you to finsih the work on the 6 speed swap. you were having trouble with the computer coding or something. i think maybe next week i will have a day to drop it off to you. it needs teh cruise control and reverse lights wired up still. its been a whiel but i just have not had time to bring it back. maybe if i sell it fast i can take the money io already paid you and have you work on the vanagon instead! hahahhaa

Rabbit 16v
2010.12.27, 14:53 PM
lol! Well if you drive it down tomorrow for the fuel pump, I can at least scan it and see what codes it has. that will give some direction as to where the problem lies..

bradmaus
2010.12.27, 14:55 PM
alright ill do that!

bradmaus
2010.12.28, 10:13 AM
ill be by Thursday at about 4:15 with the jetta. i am meeting that guy at your shop for my old transmission and ill grabt he fuel pump at the same time. thanks again!