monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dave's (Crackership) Porsche 944 Turbo

Dave's (Crackership) Porsche 944 Turbo

my monitors are starting to become very unreliable in the color and contrast area, so I know the color isn't consistent or accurate here . Still.. let me know what you think.

tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Very nice!

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Sexy!

Junior Member Skidplate is on a distinguished road
    Nice photos, Joel! I took some today as well.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Nice!

that's the best looking of the 944s... and yeah your contrast is flat.

Quote: Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    that's the best looking of the 944s... and yeah your contrast is flat.
    not what I was talking about... I'm referring to a lack of color & contrast consistency, and then color accuracy (which I can never be completely sure of anyway, due to color blindness
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    Looks great!
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

Normal Member NWarty will become famous soon enough NWarty's Avatar
    That's purdy!
    - Blake
    Northwest Artillery
    I blow up stuff from a long ways away

since Dave hasn't responded yet, I'll mention that the wheels are original to the car. Apparently this is the only car, or at least one of only a couple cars, with these interior, exterior, and those wheels in the country.

Junior Member Crackership is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the pics, Joel! I love 'em! You're right, the car is a fair bit greener, but it's a very hard color to photograph. When I bought the car, I thought I was going to look at a blue car, only to find that it's a crazy pale green metallic (Porsche calls it "Crystal Green Metallic" Paint code LM6Y). So you're definitely not the first to have it look blue in pics.

Also, you're right, the wheels are original to the car.. while Fuchs wheels aren't that rare, the ones that were painted gold by the factory are pretty uncommon. The car is one of only 5 that I've been able to verify in the country with the Crystal Green Metallic paint color, and it's the only one I've found with the gold Fuchs. It really is too bad that the 245/45-16 tire is pretty much completely extinct... That's probably going to mean that my next set of tires will have to be on new wheels.

This picture is the only one I have that even comes close to portraying the color appropriately, and even this one is not quite there:
    -Dave

well, it may be because I'm color blind, but I can see green in my photos

+ Reply to Thread