monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: showed Washington to a coworker from Bulgaria

showed Washington to a coworker from Bulgaria

so there's a new coworker from Bulgaria here in Seattle for a couple of weeks to train. I took him to the Italian car show in Issaquah on Sunday.. and figured 'why not drive a little farther to show him Snoqualmie Falls and Mt. Si?". And then I figured.. "why not drive to eastern Washington?"

no pics from the show or Snoqualmie Falls.. but here's Mt. Si's spectacular 3000+ foot rock face. At about 4100' above sea level, this mountain is about half the height of the tallest mountain in the Balkans (and Bulgaria)

We stopped at Snoqualmie Pass.. then headed into eastern Washington. My main goals were to point out the huge difference between western and eastern Washington, and then to end the drive at Frenchman Coulee, which is one of my favorite places in Washington. I've taken many photos from Frenchman Coulee, but the lighting is always different each time, which allows for different photos to be taken. The place is well known to rock climbers, but not very well known to others.. though there were a ton more people there on Sunday than I've ever seen before

It was 85F there on Sunday.. bring on summer

this might become one of my favorite photos from 2012..

Note that the two locations shown here are about 1:45 - 2 hours apart.. such a stark difference.
    Last edited by joel; 2012.04.25 at 01:17 AM.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    you and your crazy adventures, Joel...
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Awesome pics and good job showing off the state vs going to all the tourist traps!

The difference between Western and Eastern WA is huge! It cracks me up when people say, "oh you're from Washington where it rains all the time." Makes them look/sound stupid!

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Is the rock climbing spot near where the old highway goes into the river?

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    Is the rock climbing spot near where the old highway goes into the river?
    That's exactly where it is... that's Frenchman Coulee
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

i love the colors of eastern WA.
    bitches catchin feelings like will i am

Quote: Originally Posted by burbleburble View Post
    i love the colors of eastern WA.
    exactly... especially when the sun is low. It's a shame that so many people haven't seen these things, and only think of the Columbia basin/plateau as seen from the confines of I-90

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    exactly... especially when the sun is low. It's a shame that so many people haven't seen these things, and only think of the Columbia basin/plateau as seen from the confines of I-90
    i spent the summers of my youth (6-13ish) in a little town called inchelium, wa. it's where i would like to retire. probably one of the most scenic drives you can take in this state, dry falls, coulee, etc etc. there's recently been a state campground opened @ lake ellen which is very near there. i've been thinking about taking a weekend and camping/driving there. so tranquil, and the scenery is amazing.
    bitches catchin feelings like will i am

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Eastern WA kicks ass! If you guys get a chance, cruise through the backroads in Benton City. Peoples back yards are riddled with old watercooled VWs that are just waiting for the taking

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    I love Eastern WA...it's just sad that I haven't been there in 3 years.

I should just spend winters here and summers there, at least it's sunny and warm.

Quote: Originally Posted by burbleburble View Post
    i spent the summers of my youth (6-13ish) in a little town called inchelium, wa. it's where i would like to retire. probably one of the most scenic drives you can take in this state, dry falls, coulee, etc etc. there's recently been a state campground opened @ lake ellen which is very near there. i've been thinking about taking a weekend and camping/driving there. so tranquil, and the scenery is amazing.
    I've driven SR-20 from Spokane to Kettle Falls to Tonasket (then to Omak). That's as much as I've seen of northeast WA.. I need to see more. I know it's pretty beautiful around there. I was amazed with this area: http://g.co/maps/u9uxh

One of my goals (sooner than later) is to explore SR-21 and SR-155.. and some of the (paved) county roads around there. Sadly, my car is confined to properly paved roads, and figuring out which roads have good pavement, if any at all, is tough. And then you have the fact that several roads in that area are linked by ferry.. many run by private companies, tribes, etc.

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    Good stuff.

I do love driving the back roads over here, that is for sure. So many scenic roads linking neat little towns.
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

+ Reply to Thread