monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Leavenworth Cruise .. the PNWfahren way. June 16th

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    not sure, let me discuss with Jen. I wouldn't be leaving till after work (on the road at 8 basically)
    -Tyler-

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    works for me. I'll be in Tacoma till about 7, anyways.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    I am confused. What time do WE (pnwfahren) meet up before leaving to go on the drive?

Where are WE (pnwfahren) meeting?

Sorry if I missed it, I just read the first post in this thread and it was still a little confusing..

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    I believe it's at 8:30 in the parking lot on the map that Joel posted.

l Arron lSPACE

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Thats where we meet to leave directly to Leavenworth?

everyone probably knows me by now Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub's Avatar
    I'm still debating if I'm going to go. The weather looked good all week until today.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    so… I'm not going at all. Just way too many things to get done and I need a weekend to do it.
    -Tyler-

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    Boo - sorry to hear that.
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    I am confused. What time do WE (pnwfahren) meet up before leaving to go on the drive?

Sorry if I missed it, I just read the first post in this thread and it was still a little confusing..
    this is the important part.. under the bold 'PNWfahren':

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    PNWfahren:

optional pre-meet: We'll meet at the below location at 8:30 and leave at 9am for BCC. This will allow most of us to park near each other at BCC.

meeting location:
    both for the pre-meet, and after BCC: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=47.631...num=1&t=h&z=18

pre-meet: meet at 8:30am, leave at 9am for BCC
    after BCC: meet after BCC and leave for the drive at 11:30am

I know it's a busy shopping center, but it's straight up the road on 148th, and has all right turns to get into westbound 520, with only one light. There's a Starbucks, Rite-Aid, and Safeway in the parking lot as well, and a 76 station is across the street. This also means that we'd be turning left out of BCC rather than right like the other 1000 cars. Leaving at 11:30am will give people plenty of time to get to the meeting location, fuel up, and buy any snacks for the trip. We should be able to avoid most of the traffic to Leavenworth and keep our group together along the way. If we left at 11:30 we would arrive in Leavenworth around 2pm

Stevens Pass stop:
    We can stop at Stevens Pass if people like. I'm sure some people may need to use the bathroom. If we agree that a Stevens Pass is top then we'll want to make sure we agree on a time to leave so that we can all cruise back down the pass together. We'll discuss this at the shopping center after BCC.

the route:
    From the shopping center meeting location we'll head west on WA-520, north on I-405, east on WA-522, east on US-2.. then:
    There are two great roads that bypass parts of the main highway.. we can take them as a detour to avoid some traffic, and simply to enjoy more roads. The first is Ben Howard Road between Monroe and Sultan, and the second is Chumstick Hwy between WA-207 and Leavenworth, via Plain. Both of these roads avoid some of the more heavy traffic areas on the drive. The total drive takes around 2.5 hours with some traffic.

I will be happy to create a handout with a map, contact info, etc. The idea is to not leave people behind.. stay together as a group.

in Leavenworth:
    parking is all on your own. There's simply no way to allow us all to park together once in town. A lot of people also need to check into a hotel when they arrive. You're all very free to head off and do your own thing, but we'll also make a plan to meet as a group (I vote München Haus ) a little later in the afternoon (maybe 3pm?) so everyone can reconnect and hang out. We will discuss this after BCC at the shopping center meting location.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jazzydub View Post
    I'm still debating if I'm going to go. The weather looked good all week until today.
    the weather will be good in Leaveworth.. which is all that matters. You have to remember that Leavenworth is in the mountains.. so the forecast covers the whole area. Last weekend we had a 20% chance of snow all weekend in Plain.. yet it was 60+ on Friday and Saturday, and clear skies and 75F on Sunday.

Besides.. this isn't about the weather.. it's about us. I honestly wouldn't be going this year if it weren't for us getting together. I'd rather be watching the 24 hours of Le Mans tomorrow. I imagine others here wouldn't be going either if it weren't for this group thing. So let's do it!
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    so… I'm not going at all. Just way too many things to get done and I need a weekend to do it.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

will anyone need route maps? We'll only be making two deviations, and we can wait at each point for cars if necessary. We shouldn't get very broken up though..

everyone probably knows me by now Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub's Avatar
    I know it'll be nice on the other side. I'll most likely end up going. I washed my car this afternoon for that reason.

after BCC: meet after BCC and leave for the drive at 11:30am
    this is the part I missed. we will be at the meet spot around 11ish.

Still in! Got the GTI back, today, and excited for tomorrow.

Anybody in the south sound want to meet up and cruise to the pre-meet?

l Arron lSPACE

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    No Audi tomorrow Still battling some crank trigger problems. Will be riding in my buddy's JCW Cooper S so introduce yourself if you see me.
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

Quote: Originally Posted by alxdgr8 View Post
    No Audi tomorrow Still battling some crank trigger problems. Will be riding in my buddy's JCW Cooper S so introduce yourself if you see me.
    Come find us after bcc, if you can convince your friend
    or at least come find my car..

Arron.. will you be at the pre-bcc meet? I think most people will be meeting after.

I'll be there a little late.. maybe 8:45.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    this is the part I missed. we will be at the meet spot around 11ish.
    See you guys there Chris

Yup. With bells on. Or maybe just loud music and a camera

Arron.. will you be at the pre-bcc meet? I think most people will be meeting after.

I'll be there a little late.. maybe 8:45.
    I'll be there, if somebody else will be! leaving now...

l Arron lSPACE

I'm here, but I couldn't find a parking spot in the bush that your link has us meeting in

l Arron lSPACE

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    That was quite fun actually. Definitely getting much stickier tires the next time around though. They were protesting quite a bit.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

I was coasting the whole way on Chumstick, mostly in 5th gear.. barely used my brakes

but yeah.. that was fun. Glad we got you guys to come along

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    Was good meeting a few of you guys! Definitely will have to make it to a smaller GTG, and bring a car of my own of course.
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

+ Reply to Thread