Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Quattro project

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    Good cat? It's an 87, no emissions! Let that 10V breath!
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

everyone probably knows me by now Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub's Avatar
    Trying to find a place that will remove it is a challenge. It's already way too loud.

Junior Member pistol-mcgee is on a distinguished road
    Quote: Originally Posted by Jazzydub View Post
    Trying to find a place that will remove it is a challenge. It's already way too loud.
    i own a few grinders and a sawzall or 2

everyone probably knows me by now Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub's Avatar
    Ya, I have access to torches, sawzalls, welders, and a lift but I still don't know what the hell I'm doing. I can't weld and exhaust work isn't really my thing. I need to have a resonator put in as well. The drone is driving me crazy.

I did get a different speedometer installed and the light on that side working. Odometer still doesn't work though. Started messing around with the old one and figured out the gear for it had slid out a tad so that it didn't make contact with the next gear. It now works. Pretty sure that's what's wrong with the one we put in. Didn't feel like taking it all back apart right at the moment.

Also picked up an ash tray that isn't broken, 2 window switches, and some vacuum line. I can roll down the rear windows from the front now. Replaced a few vacuum lines. Seems to start a little easier now. Time to tackle the power door locks and valve cover gasket next. Almost time to have someone tune the CIS for me.

projects feel good when you're making progress like that
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

We'll probably do the valve cover gasket while you're working on the M3 this weekend. Muffler's getting finished up today. Now I'm broke so the rest will have to wait.

I expect you to help me with my exhaust, presuming I'm able to do it

might need a little help with the underpanel install to... just to hold it in place while installing it
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

I'll be around.

New cat and resonator made it much quieter and overall sound better. I don't feel like I'm huffing exhaust fumes when driving anymore. Found out the wires for the oxygen sensor are broken. That could be contributing some of the poor running issues.

On the agenda for the weekend;

New valve cover gasket
    Fuel filter
    Fix oxs wires or replace with a different one from a buddy
    Possibly test fuel pump
    Lend extra hand to Joel on M3.

yeah.. that oxs would definitely contribute to poor running, except under WOT?

It runs pretty good when wide open. Just hard to start up at times and seems to run rich when warmed up. Idle drops when coming to a stop.

Changed the gear oil in the transmission/front differential, topped off the rear diff, got the windshield washer sprayer working, new bulb for heater controls, changed 1 fog light, and put racecar steering wheel (old GT Grant ) on it. Think I'm ready to head over to Wenatchee/Leavenworth next weekend if the weather looks bad.

Car made it to Wenatchee and back. Drove it around in the Stevens Pass parking lot a little. Thing is a beast in the snow.

hah.. nice

Replaced the master and slave cylinder for the clutch today. The pedal is so much easier to push and comes all the way back up on its own. Noticed there is a lot of water in the dash and on the floor on the driver side. I think the windshield is leaking. It's wet clear up by where the speaker is. It needs a new windshield anyways so hopefully it will take care of it.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    how did the firewall look where the master goes? Those have a tendency to crack. Also, the leak could be coming in from the fusebox in the raintray.

Firewall was dry where the master cylinder came through. It's wet clear up by the top of the dash where the speaker is. I'll have to take a look around the fuse box.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    I should have clarified. I meant to make two points in that post.

1. firewall cracking is common and will cause issues with clutch operation. not related to water ingress.
    2. water leaks can come from the fusebox in the raintray. If you get it done, use Leading Edge Auto Glass. He does all of the dealers work and my give you a deal if you tell him I sent you.
    Last edited by Rabbit 16v; 2013.02.03 at 23:06 PM. Reason: forgot name of glass guy

Awesome thanks. The GTI need a windshield as well.

Mark @ Leading Edge Autoglass did my install on my M3. He's a nice guy.. friendly.. and you can tell he is careful and wants to do things right. He's a bit slow to respond to voicemails, and apparently isn't the best communicator sometimes, but once he shows up all was great. I'd use him again, if I didn't just move completely away from him.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Mark @ Leading Edge Autoglass did my install on my M3. He's a nice guy.. friendly.. and you can tell he is careful and wants to do things right. He's a bit slow to respond to voicemails, and apparently isn't the best communicator sometimes, but once he shows up all was great. I'd use him again, if I didn't just move completely away from him.
    x2 He did my Jetta

I'm coming up with 2 Leading Edge Auto Glass companies. One in Seattle and one in Marysville. I assume it's the one in Seattle. Phone number (206) 533-1800?

seattle.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Jazzydub View Post
    I'm coming up with 2 Leading Edge Auto Glass companies. One in Seattle and one in Marysville. I assume it's the one in Seattle. Phone number (206) 533-1800?
    Thats the number.

+ Reply to Thread