Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: high quality body shop/paint recommendation?

high quality body shop/paint recommendation?

So I hit a big chunk of tire with my wagon while in Texas. I'm looking for a body shop & painter do help me replace the front and rear bumpers (rear bumper issue is a previous insurance claim I haven't taken care of yet) and other bits in the area of the front bumper that were damaged.

I have been planning on respraying the frontend of my car for a while, and this front bumper damage means the timeline gets moved up. So, while some of the work will be covered by insurance, some of it will not.

My utmost concern is quality, and knowing that the company stands behind their work and cares about the customer. The paint blend has to match very well, and I will want to make sure that new paint on the front end is either harder or has more coats than the factory paint did, so that it hopefully looks better for longer than the original paint did after 50k miles.

Another concern, ultimately, is how well the company works with insurance companies on behalf of their customer (Progressive in my case).

Cost, location, etc. are less of a concern for me. Ideally the shop would be in King or Snohomish Counties.. that'd make my life a little easier.

So, what businesses would you recommend to someone where quality and customer service are #1, and cost is not?

night before damage
    Last edited by joel; 2012.12.03 at 23:46 PM.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

for what it's worth, one recommendation I've had so far is RNR Automotive Refinishing in Bellevue..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

DB custom if you wanna go all the way to Newberg, OR. He's the guy that shot my wagon. You saw that work.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    You could take it to Freak's shop, Bankers Auto Body, in Renton. They did good work on the B7 Avant last year when it was rear ended.

Chris & I apparently aren't talking any more.. he defriended me on facebook a while ago and has ignored me at events since.

And mike.. too far.

bummer on the distance because darrel is top notch
    you could call someone at Phil Smart and find out who does the work on their new MBs

Normal Member Numbersix will become famous soon enough
    I've always been partial to Queen City.

searching various car forums for recommendations.. the following came up a few times:

Haury's Lake City Collision
    Eurotech Bodywerkes
    Queen City
    Bel-Red Auto Rebuild

any thoughts?

everyone probably knows me by now Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub's Avatar
    My rub strip I had painted at Queen City doesn't match the rest of my car. I may just need to buff and polish the rest of the bumper cause it looks like it matched at certain angles. The rest of the paint work they did on the repair looks good although it took a long time and they had to repaint it at least once that I know of and buff it a few different times until they were satisfied. At least they will keep working on it until they are satisfied and the guy seemed pretty **** about the quality of work.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    I usually recommend Queen City or Haurys.

Normal Member AlexPirate will become famous soon enough
    Bankers in Renton
    Looking for VOIP solutions? Contact Me

nope

+ Reply to Thread