Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: My Bimmer Bumbling

Sounds nice... I'd like an e34
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

I found a cheap set of 17" Style 5's at a wrecking yard. Hopefully I can get to them before someone else.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Didn't get the wheels. One was cracked.

ION: The Mercedes goes up for sale today. I'm cleaning her up, and shooting the listing photos.
    Last edited by Twelvizm; 2015.06.27 at 21:55 PM.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

hope that goes well
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Me too. I want the E34 sorted. I plan on spending all the money from the W210, to bring the E34 up to date on maintenance. Suspension, interior work, and some interesting wheels. I've been mulling around machining the back plate on the Borbets to allow room for adapters.

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

The E34 wagon was not long for my driveway. I either got a crap version of the car, or the build quality is crap. Either way, I had it for about 3 weeks. I also had the Mercedes up for sale for 2 months, and got a single hit on it. Needless to say, it's not going anywhere. That's not the worst thing really, as it is a great car, albeit a bit boring. Since it's going to stick around, I've started sorting things out. I ordered new brakes all around. It's a cheap Powerstop kit with drilled rotors and carbon/kevlar pads. And I started sorting the suspension. These cars are very comfortable in stock form. You don't have to avoid, or slow down for rough spots in the road. They're almost too comfortable. I went with a set of H&R springs, and just ordered some Koni adjustables. The springs are in, but I made the mistake of only ordering the smaller spring pads for the front.

The stock suspension was stock springs, #4 pads in the fronts, and #5 pads in the rear. The new suspension is H&R springs, #1 pads in the fronts, and #5 pads in the back. The rear pads were an oversight and will be replaced with #2 pads when I go to install the Koni adjustables.

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

The current state of the bucket.

I had to make a trip down to Bend to get these wheels, but the price and condition are well worth it. The only drawback is the crazy hub bore of the Brabus wheels essentially means I need to have custom hub rings made. Hub 66.5mm, wheel 75.5mm. What a mess. I'm leaning towards 42 Draft Design hubcentric spacers, and to push the wheels out just a little. 8 to 10mm maybe.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

I've never liked those wheels much.. but they look at home on that car. Good pick up!

+ Reply to Thread