monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: My Bimmer Bumbling

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Still looks great on those wheels.

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    wow.. E21 wheel offset is that low?
    Yeah, stock offset is around ET12. I'm thinking about putting 15mm spacers on the rear.

Quote: Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
    Still looks great on those wheels.
    Thanks! I think they are a good looking wheel, just a bit basic. And most people confuse them with a dozen other wheels that aren't rare. But, whatevs.

A daylight photo.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Albinowino sitting around heartless, waiting for me to scape up the money for the M20B25 swap. Should be soon.

And Bronzitbeastie waiting for me to finish my homework so we can go for a drive.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Is it me or is that sun and some blue sky I see?

I know, right? I opened up all the windows and doors and let the breeze throughout the house.

And on a random note. I still own a VW. I know its been awhile since I've posted anything about it. It just got back from having a bunch of little deferred maintenance items fixed, to the tune of $700. It still has a couple other things on the fix it list. One of which is to install the coilovers that I bought for it last year. It will likely end up at the same height, but have a much better ride.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

do you have the exact same wheels on both bmw's right now?
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

No. But close enough. The E28 has Enkei EK98s and the E21 has BBS RZs.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Ahh... I see differences now that I'm seeing the images on the same screen. The design is so similar.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Yeah, mesh wheels with about the same shape of mesh. That's about where the similarities stop.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

the mesh is almost exactly the same, and the center caps are very similar..

I'm just thinking outloud here:

It seems that finding the "correct" transmission, with a mechanical speedo drive, is proving to be pretty elusive. So I'm considering other options. I can use the G260 tranny from an E30, and just run without a working speedo for the time being, and probably find some other aftermarket solution. I could also mess around with a hall sensor to get an electronic signal. Either way, I want a running car for the summer. If I end up without a speedo, so be it. Chris, your shop's done this swap before, what did you guys do?
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    I would have to ask Shawn as he would know that one off the top of his head. I do know that some people that run into speedo problems are using GPS speedos from places like speedhut. Kinda spendy though. I will try to remember to ask Shawn on tuesday when I see him next.

I would like to thank the wonderful roads of Portland for killing a rare set of wheels. I guess these wheels are not nearly as strong as I thought. Enkei EK98's 0 - Pothole 1.

Finding a replacement is unlikely, as these are rare in this size/lug pattern. They're not really worth the price to repair. I'm going to go back to 16" Style 5's.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Bummer!

ugh

Ouch! That sucks

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    Any chance of having the state/city pay for the repair? I've known people to have had success with that in other states where wheels/tires were damaged from potholes.
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

I had this happen once before with my MKV. I called around and was sent on a goose chase between different organizations that wouldn't take responsibility.

I've driven on this wheel/tire for a couple days now. It's hardly noticeable, and the tire hasn't bubbled, and isn't losing air. Not that I plan on testing my luck. I'm picking up a set of replacement wheels this weekend. And, these wheels are officially up for sale for $500 obo.
    Last edited by Twelvizm; 2014.04.23 at 17:27 PM.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Well, all my fun is on hold until I can find a buyer for the RMs. It might be a waiting game. Bleh. Stupid engineless car.

The E28 will get its newest set of wheels this Saturday, and be right back to the wheels that came on it when I bought it. Silly.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

is the e28 your daily?

Yes sir. Another reason why I want to go back to something simpler for wheels. In case of another pothole or the like, I can easily find another 16" Style 5. I happen to have one laying around. The wheel fitment will be more functional. Cleaning the wheels will be easier. Etc, etc. You can tell I've already talked myself into the advantages. I will miss how the car looks in reflections when driving through the glass storefront lined streets of downtown Portland.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Just rev the engine a few times.. the sound in downtown will make up for a slight downgrade in visual points

Exactly. The song of my people. The M30 does make a very pleasing sound when romped on. And when the Enkeis finally sell, I can use that to buy a new exhaust. Things are looking up.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

I miss driving my M3 in downtown seattle..

+ Reply to Thread