monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: My Bimmer Bumbling

Final un-gif'd version.

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Very nice!!

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Bummer Sorry to hear about the E28. Clean looking W210, though! I hear you on priorities, though... that's why I went from Mk1/Mk2 to a B5.5 and a Mk4.

The new wheels. I should be picking up some tires shortly and placing the order for the H&R Cup Kit.

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

the Merc looks really pretty clean. It has a few scratches in the paint, but I wouldn't know the miles are as high as they are. Should be a good car..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    So, time for a new thread?
    -Tyler-

Maybe a new thread name.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Actually, probably a new thread is in order. This is a proper change in direction from the bimmers.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

I just found out that my E21 was bought as a brand new car from Kuni BMW. Looks like its always been a Portland car. Pretty cool.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

my e60 came through Kuni twice.. I bought it the second time.

I guess they've made a fair amount of money on the car then

The E28 finally went down the road with its new owner behind the wheel. The E21 will go to the shop for the motor/tranny install on Thursday. Good times.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

I need to see your E21 up close soon

It's a bucket. It'll probably never be a show car. But, it'll be fun to drive.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Looks like there's going to be a hold up. It seems there's always something. Hopefully the holdup wont be more than a week or so.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

???

So. The E21 is still in the driveway with no engine or tranny. A local BMW nerd has taken offense to that, and has made me a cash offer. I've accepted, and he should be by tomorrow to tow it, and the garage full of parts that goes with it, away to the motor and tranny that he built to go in it. Cheeky kid. The offer was respectable, and the guy really wants a nice E21 that he can say he put together. He's had an impressive resume of car builds, so I'm excited to see my car go off to someone so capable.

I can't resist the chance to do some online car shopping, and changing up what I drive. I'm going to get a second wagon as the wife an I always seem to be juggling the wagon. I'd then sell the W210 for camera stuff.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

I looked at this today. It is a 100% Portland car. The interior looks close to new, and the engine spotless. I'm sure I can mess it up using it as a gear hauler.

It needs wheels, but I could live with it as is. Note the lack of a sunroof.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Nice!

Regular Member V8-190e is on a distinguished road V8-190e's Avatar
    What size are the amg wheels and are you selling them with the car or possibly separately?

Pierre

The AMG wheels are long gone. The Merc is up for sale, with a set of 18" Borbet Type A's for $3500.
    https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5072653825.html
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Goodbye Albinowino.

Hello Alpinwagon...
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

I'm partial to the M-Systems and the M-Pars. Mostly because I'm getting too lazy to clean mesh wheels.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

what's the e34?

It's a 525it with an automatic. I just took it on a roadtrip to Florence, OR, and it sipped fuel, and road smooth. The front suspension has a worn component somewhere. Since it has 180k, I think I'm just going to rebuild the whole suspension. There's also a short in the tailgate harness that needs sorting as well. Otherwise it's a very well taken care of car. The interior in one of the nicest I've seen, and the motor and transmission are both smooth.

This is to be my daily, so likely the automatic will stay, unless it gives me problems.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

+ Reply to Thread