monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: My Bimmer Bumbling

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    E12's come up here and there. Almost never in good condition though. What about a Bavaria?
    Yeah, just look at this poor E12...looks like an old horse that really needs to be shot.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/3609383191.html

That's a $300 parts car.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    That's a $300 parts car.
    The owner calls it "rare" and "stanced"

I can imagine that just a few years ago it was a presentable car...

the word "stance" is so butchered. I remember when someone came up with a formula for how stanced a car is... the point was to make it look like things fit, not to make a car more slammed or show more poke.

Then again, stance is a generic word. A Camry from the factory has a stance.. it's just that most people don't like it
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

First exterior mod:

Went from this:

To this:
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Picture with the lights on bitte?

The outers will be the typical H4 e-code pattern. The highs/fogs still need bulbs.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Finally some halfway proper photos.

As you can see, she's not perfect. But, overall in pretty good condition.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

You know...how about some euro headlight wipers? It could also use a Foha or Zender 'foam' trunklid wing...

I'm sure you already have euro bumpers on the way...

I have most of the bits for headlight wipers. But, they seem a bit silly to me. Rear wing and bumpers are on the list.

Along with buying a tweed jacket and matching hat.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

It'll go well with the new steering wheel that's on the way.

I'm going to have to find a matching shift knob now.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Firstly, this is the best thing I've read in a while:

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    the word "stance" is so butchered. I remember when someone came up with a formula for how stanced a car is... the point was to make it look like things fit, not to make a car more slammed or show more poke.

Then again, stance is a generic word. A Camry from the factory has a stance.. it's just that most people don't like it
    Secondly: Sweet ride! Love me some E28's.
    I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!

Yes, the headlight wipers are silly and mostly useless, but they look cool

"highs/fogs"?

please don't combine those two words

looks good
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Well they are wired as fogs, but in the location of highs.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

But they are not fogs... and never will be

Beam pattern and color suggest otherwise.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

beam pattern? You're saying they're not spot lights and that they shine on the ground directly in front of the car with a very sharp cut off that makes the lights not glare when standing 30 - 40' in front of the car?

it's possible I suppose.. but I've never actually seen fogs that high up on an older car. The typical euro configuration is for those to be highbeam spotlights to supplement the outer highbeams

Same fogs, mounted at about the same height:

I know the mk4 golf had "fog lights" in the headlight housings that were a joke (functionally)... I've never seen like that in older European cars though

I know the mk4 golf had "fog lights" in the headlight housings that were a joke (functionally)... I've never seen like that in older European cars though
    That W123 Mercedes pictured is completely stock...those are factory fog lamps for the American market.
    Euro Sciroccos also had factory incorporated fogs, the inner 2 beams as pictured (they actually had 2 options in glass pattern, fog and driving)
    Pictured is fog :

Mounted on the car:

Many European car manufacturers had "higher than conventional" mounted fogs.

I still question whether they function at all as fogs
    I stand corrected though

I still question whether they function at all as fogs
    I stand corrected though
    From owning a Scirocco...I can tell you that they do. Oh and even Euro spec W123's had the option of built-in fogs or driving lights.

Honestly I don't know how well they function. Not that I have much of a chance, we hardly get fog in Portland.

One of the euro high beams was broken in transit, and I was eager to put on the headlights and grills, so this was the quick solution. I'll probably go back to clear highbeams, or order the proper French yellows.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Front fogs are best used here for other's increased visibility of you in poor weather (heavy rain or heavy rain spray).. and you'll probably see an improvement when it's raining at night as well.. with yellow lighting on the ground in front of you.

Our heavy rain spray on highways that we get in the northwest is worse than some fog.. I sometimes use my rear fog in those situations.

+ Reply to Thread