monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: My Bimmer Bumbling

I put my Nardi Giugiaro Design steering wheel in. It think it matches the interior pretty darn nicely. Period appropriate and rare. THANK YOU CHRIS!!!!

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    Nice! My "new" '76 914 came with a Nardi wheel. I plan on keeping it there.
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '86 Rocco / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '03 GC Limited

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Nice! That's going to look fantastic

Quote: Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Nice! My "new" '76 914 came with a Nardi wheel. I plan on keeping it there.
    Sweet! Do you have a thread with your cars in it? I love 914s. I'd love to follow what you're doing with yours.

Quote: Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
    Nice! That's going to look fantastic
    Thank you. It'll look better once I get a proper leather restore treatment on it. I might have to have it rewrapped eventually. I wont know until after I try and use leather restore on it.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Steering wheel looks good.

Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    Sweet! Do you have a thread with your cars in it? I love 914s. I'd love to follow what you're doing with yours.
    I don't have one here, yet. Though unfortunately I haven't done a lot of work on it since I picked it up in November. It's going to replace the green car, which has a bit more rust than I wanted to deal with. The new roller cost less than replacement panels for the green car. Here is the thread at 914World: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.p...8325&hl=amelia
    -Chris S.

Good stuff there!

I got the black paint off. And the clear on the lips is on its way out as well.

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Those wheels are going to work really well on the car. Especially w/ the M5 grille...gives it a menacing/sporty look.
    -Chris S.

I think so too. Just need it about 2" lower. New center caps, and I'm already over the yellow fogs. I'm going back to clear high beams.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    The centers of the wheels are going to become gold right?

Eventually. It's going to stay this way for awhile, until I have the money to have them professionally restored. Then gold centers and high polished lips.

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

I'm going to have to shave 2" off this ride height though.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Something closer to this:

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Those look great!

yeah, I'm surprised with how good they look on the car
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

I put cheap, crappy gas in my car because it's the baller thing to do.

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

You need some new "chrome" windshield seal trim...

Amongst a long list of other things. I was actually silly to buy wheels first. I need to replace my power steering lines, overhaul/upgrade the brakes, and replace the heater core. Damn old cars.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

I did a little bit of cleaning up of the bay, finally. As well as buttoning up some vacuum leaks.

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

That bay is looking good.

I think I'm just going to put all my bimmer posts in this one thread. It's just easier that way. So, today was the big move of my E21's from my friend's shop, to my place. I had to bust my ass to get my garage cleared up and and cleaned. But, it was worth doing in the end. Now I have an organized garage, and have a dry space to park my Baur.

It was pretty interesting to see the looks on the neighbor's faces when not one, but two tow truck showed up. Both loaded with old beat up bimmers.

Lots of work is ahead of me. Of which I'm not absolutely sure on what I'm going to do. I'm going to have to create an inventory list of what I have and then decided where to go from there. I do know that I want to get both of these ugly buckets up and running smoothly so I can play with them on the road this summer. The rest I'll figure out as I go along.
    Last edited by Twelvizm; 2013.04.04 at 00:20 AM.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

title changed per request

Thank you sir!
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

I'm glad I have another E21. I was really starting to miss my old one.

Wasn't I just blathering about people buying the same cars over and over again?
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

+ Reply to Thread