monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: My Bimmer Bumbling

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    I miss your old E21 too!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    Wasn't I just blathering about people buying the same cars over and over again?
    yes...
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    Meh, we're all guilty of it from time to time.

I've owned 3 mk2s ('87 Jetta GL, '89 GLi 16v, & '92 GTi 8v).....and I guess you can say I "sorta" have another mk2.....
    And I've had 2 Mustangs ('92 LX 5.0 & '94 SVT), and 2 914s (still have...for now).

Oh, and you should update your tags for this thread.
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '86 Rocco / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '03 GC Limited

Quote: Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Oh, and you should update your tags for this thread.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

I just tried. I dunno how.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Current daily bucket pics.

Silly bit of info. I finally learned how to do a proper brake stand. It's kinda' sad that I'm just leaning something that simple at this age. Maybe if I hadn't been so FWD loyale, that wouldn't have happened.
    Last edited by Twelvizm; 2013.04.07 at 22:11 PM.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

anyone can do it..
    go to the bottom of any thread page and click "Add / Edit Tags" on the lower right. Everyone should be doing this, really

There's not enough tags allowed for me to list the number of relevant terms.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

haha

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    I ran into the same issue...

ok... increased the amount of tags that anyone can add. Now anyone can add up to 25 tags, with a maximum of 50 per thread

Oh that's way too many!
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

well, it's what you get

Thank you Uncle Joel!

I'm missing this thing more and more. But, it's providing me with more drive to get working out in the garage.

This month I'll be sourcing a M20B25 to put in the Baur. After a lot of poking from my E21 people, they've effectively changed my mind from sticking with the CIS'd M20B23 to Motronic M20B25. And as a recent convert to the idea, I can see that ditching CIS in an aging car is better for the long haul. And the 40+ hp is a pretty good selling point too.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

So, things are on the chopping block AGAIN. I'm going to sell off the current e21's to bankroll one E21 in better condition, and either a 320is or a hardtop 323i.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Really...

I was wondering how long it would be.
    -Chris S.

There is a reason why I asked for the new thread title.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    So the Baur is on the chopping block again?

It really should be. I want to keep it and build it. Until I think of how much time I'll actually have to work on it and how much money I'd have to spend.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

With a car that rare, if you like it, hang onto it. Even if it takes you 10 years to finish the build. It's not like another E21, that you can just pick up in a few months if (when) you change your mind.
    -Chris S.

That's true. And that's why I've owned it as long as I have. But, until buying it, I really didn't have any interest in Baurs. I think they are goofy looking. I really only bought it because it came up for sale at a ridiculous price, right down the road. But when faced with the scope of work needed, I'd rather put that into something like a plain 323i.

But, who knows? I'm human, I change my mind based on my feelings. I'd love to take a rough, rare bucket and bring it back. At least far enough to be a driver. The other side of my brain wants to sell it and put the money toward something further along.

Bleh. I'm being indecisive and I know it.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    Bleh. I'm being indecisive and I know it.
    this is what I was thinking while reading your post

IMO, hold onto it until you're pretty sure that you aren't going to be fixing it back up. You'll probably regret getting rid of it, like I have with my GTI, but I at least know that I still have logical reasons for why I got rid of it, and those haven't changed.

Quote: Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
    So the Baur is on the chopping block again?
    Officially, yes.

I posted up both E21's for sale for $1000 each. The 320i sold within minutes and is awaiting pickup. The Baur is still available.

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    IMO, hold onto it until you're pretty sure that you aren't going to be fixing it back up. You'll probably regret getting rid of it, like I have with my GTI, but I at least know that I still have logical reasons for why I got rid of it, and those haven't changed.
    I've gone through this before where I thought about getting rid of it. So, this has been mulled over repeatedly. And it all comes down to me having the tools and skills to do what I would want done. And I have neither. And I'm too poor to consider shelling out tons of money on a project, especially with Kennedy. We want to send her to Montessori school, so that will kill any large scale "build" in the future.

I'm just going to sell it, save the money, and wait for an E21 that is better sorted and just needs tinkering and tuning.
    Last edited by Twelvizm; 2013.04.17 at 17:12 PM.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Normal Member dub boy will become famous soon enough dub boy's Avatar
    Those guys at the junk yard said that car I sent you the picture of was in better shape than a lot of the cars they see around and for sale.

+ Reply to Thread