monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: My Bimmer Bumbling

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    What was so bad about that other E21 you got?

It was just shabby all around. It just had cool parts. And after buying three E21's, for cheap, when they came around, I'm getting a bit tired of playing the game that way. All my e21's have been purchased, spur of the moment, because the price was right. Now I'm going to put some money away, and wait for the right car to come around.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Smart move

Thank you. And it may pay off already. A local 320is owner that I've known for awhile is deciding to move on. He's a very meticulous owner, and has rebuilt, and built up the motor, and gone through the checklist of smart mods to make the car perform. His car is beautiful and the price is right. The car needs nothing and I would only want to change a few things to make it mine. So, stayed tuned.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Good luck!

And you guys are going to love this. Here's a peek at the 320is.

On the surface it seems like I'm going in circles. But this car isn't even in the same league as my old one. My looked good in photos, but needed paint, small rust repair, had rough interior and an open diff. This car has nice paint, a rebuilt motor, recaro interior, LSD, bigger sways, etc, etc, etc.
    Last edited by Twelvizm; 2014.02.22 at 16:59 PM.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Man, I want that E21!

Wait until you see a shot of the engine bay.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

So I just got some info on the engine.

Quote: Cold air intake to 2.0LAFM, Head has 278deg cam, oversize eccentrics, all new valves and rebushed rocker arms (that's why it's the most quiet E21 you will hear), stahl header. Pistons are made by Maxsil. Lighter than Mahle, and tighter piston to wall clearance. They are all the same exact weight as if they were balanced. 9.0:1 CR instead of 8.8:1 stock. It's a sweet, smooth engine. BUT- will not run well with O2 sensor plugged in. I leave it unplugged to force ECU into a 40% duty cycle, which is great. Basically I tune it to run like an early 2.0L. It will run OK using the O2 sensor though. Just crappy idle, and I'm picky.
    It has a leak from the pan. When I put the pan on, there were two bolts that needed a helicoil as the block was stripped. I didn't do it because I thought they were far enough apart to not leak, but they do If you use Mobile 1 and drive it semi hard, you will have a little puddle. I went back to Castrol and it just has little drips.
    I know nothing about "to force ECU into a 40% duty cycle."

Can anyone educate me on this? I've searched and can't find anything regarding forcing an E21 ECU into any duty cycle, let alone why.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    what kind of injection system is this? CIS Lambda?

Kontinuierlich
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

K-Jetronic
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

More daydreaming.

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    disconnecting the o2 sensor will put the ECu into default running the frequency valve at a fixed duty cycle. Not sure if 40% is default though.

http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/B...chtech-12d.pdf

Oooh, that PDF just made my day. Thanks Chris! Time to get busy reading it.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

The Baur might be going finally. That actually took longer than I expected. That just puts me a short way away from picking up the new car.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Is the guy holding it for you?

He wasn't really actively selling it. He came over to my house to help me with the 320i I recently bought tha wasn't running. While we were tinkering I told him I was selling both off to fund buying a 320is or 323i. He mentioned that he had to thin his fleet and that the 320is would likely not make the cut but was unsure of selling anything.

He called me up a couple days later and said he'd sell it to me once I was ready to buy it.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Nice!

Baur Update:

A guy from Eugene just contacted me, was very excited about the car and is coming up to pick it up today. He was willing to pay via paypal instantly, so that's a good sign. He has a couple E21's already and an E24. I think I finally found a home for the old girl. Whew! I really thought I was going to have to part it out.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

And here the last photo of the girl while on my watch.

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Yeah, those Baur convertibles do look odd.

they do.. but they're still oddly cool.

that 320 looks really nice Adam. 278 cams? It sounds like the injectors are still stock? Interesting..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

I'm terrible. I just bought a steering wheel for a car I don't own yet. I couldn't help it, it was a steal of a deal. It's an Italvolanti Formel, my favorite 80's wheel.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

+ Reply to Thread