monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: My Bimmer Bumbling

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    they do.. but they're still oddly cool.

that 320 looks really nice Adam. 278 cams? It sounds like the injectors are still stock? Interesting..
    Yeah, the CIS injectors nozzles should flow just fine. There really isn't much in the way of fuel system upgrades, aside from ditching the CIS altogether.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

gotcha
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

-drool-

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Woo! Is that yours?

Yes ma'am. And I'm 4/5 the way to having enough to buy my new car. I'm excited!
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Sweet! Congrats!

And, as with everything, there's a setback. The E28's clutch just took a shit. I'm going to replace the slave and master cylinders just to play it safe, but I'm 80% certain the clutch is gone.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Bummer...

Clutch kit, slave and master cylinder are on the way. I was able to find a pretty comprehensive kit that has all the bits that should be replaced while the tranny is out. The car is up on stands and I'll start pulling it apart tomorrow.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Make sure you keep track of were each bolt comes out of when you remove the tranny, they are all different lengths. And the best way to get to the top ones is to loosen the motor mounts a little so everything tilts downward. Helped my brother pull the tranny in his e28 three different times for various reasons.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    use a piece of cardboard. make a drawing of the bellhousing and bolt holes. put appropriate bolts in the hole associated with position

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Thats what we did, just forgot to mention it.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar

Quote: Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
    Make sure you keep track of were each bolt comes out of when you remove the tranny, they are all different lengths. And the best way to get to the top ones is to loosen the motor mounts a little so everything tilts downward. Helped my brother pull the tranny in his e28 three different times for various reasons.
    Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    use a piece of cardboard. make a drawing of the bellhousing and bolt holes. put appropriate bolts in the hole associated with position
    Thanks guys! That's good info that I didn't know about.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

So my car money issues just took a turn for the better. I'll have no problems buying the E21. Also, if these present well in person, I'll be picking them up for it.

Hayashi Racing Fins. Very rare JDM racing wheels.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

I hate you so much right now. How much are they asking for the wheels?

$1800. I talked him down to $1400. But after considering how much it would cost to refinish them and find the missing covers, I've decided to pass. That and the other Hayashi Techno R wheels go for around $1k. And other similar wheels to these to for less. I think I'll set my wheels sights lower and get a set of BBS/Mahles. Or something that would be $1500 out the door.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

That's a good idea.

I now have a 320is parked in the driveway. What a fun drive home! It's a very well dialed in car, the PO did very good things. As I suspected, it only need cosmetic things to be where I want it to be.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough

Today, this happened:

The wheels are a go, but those tires are not. They are 165/45/50 stance kid tires. I'm going with the more conservative 195/50/15s.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    They look good.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    yeah, not enough rubber on those things, fill in the wheel-well a little
    -Tyler-

Sorry about the big pics, but here's the new tires size:

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    get 'em on the car already!
    -Tyler-

+ Reply to Thread