Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: My Bimmer Bumbling

Ground Control coilovers are on the way. The rear will stay the same height, but have a stiffer spring, and the front will be down about 2"
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

And finally some proper photos.

Then did a little test fit of the BBS air dam. I think I'm going to roll with it. It'll eventually get painted and a front euro bumper added.
    Last edited by Twelvizm; 2013.05.18 at 17:44 PM.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Oh yeah, I forgot that there are people that actually like engine pics here.

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Looks clean. This one staying around for awhile?

It sure will. I had my first 320i for a couple years. And that was a common car, with crappy cloth seats, and an auto. This car is pretty close to a short list of everything I want in an E21.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by buddylove View Post
    Looks clean. This one staying around for awhile?
    Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    It sure will. I had my first 320i for a couple years. And that was a common car, with crappy cloth seats, and an auto. This car is pretty close to a short list of everything I want in an E21.
    quoted for posterity
    -Tyler-

Ha!

Here's a little pshop mock up of what I'm going to do. Somethings may change a little, but this is the basic idea.

..___..
    Last edited by Twelvizm; 2013.05.21 at 10:07 AM.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

The coilovers and camber plates showed up. Monday they're going on.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Suspension fun called on the count of rain, and no free garage space to work in. Waiting on a break. For the E21 suspension, and the E28 clutch job.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

I had to test out some new camera gear. So I chose to do it by wheel whoring a bit.

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

So that video has more views in 2 days than anything I've put out before (for myself). And landed me a paying video gig. Bonus!
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough

I sent this off to BBS USA, and actually got a response! They probably wont do anything but pass it around the office, but that's good enough.
    Last edited by Twelvizm; 2013.06.03 at 10:13 AM.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

everyone probably knows me by now Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub has a spectacular aura about Jazzydub's Avatar
    That's pretty cool that they acknowledged it. Maybe they'll at least send you a sticker or something.

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Amazing things happen in my absence! Waw!

Thanks lady!

I stripped down my BBS spoiler to ready it for paint.

And, for those that are interested; this stuff works wonderfully.

After spraying it with this stuff, then waiting for it to dry, the paint just flaked away. There were some stubborn spots that I had to scrape away. But so much easier than sanding.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

I primered the spoiler

Ditched the cloth rear seat and put in a super clean vinyl one

And put on a new shift knob and boot. And also cleaned and conditioned the Italvolanti.

Tomorrow should include putting on the coilovers, painting the spoiler, and cleaning and mounting the RMs. just in time for The Old School Reunion.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Here's how she sits until tomorrow.

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    That at the cat?

Yes sir. The flow is from left to right in that picture, with the open pipe coming straight from a performance header. Needless to say, it is bone-jarringly, ear-bleedingly loud.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Dosen't look rusty, did you hit it on some thing?

Nope. Just a really shitty weld. I'm ordering a full mandrel bent exhaust built buy an enthusiast who races E21s. It's going to be much, much, much better. Because not only is the exhaust I have made poorly, it was just bad idea, on top of bad idea. It goes from a very nice header, into crush bent pipe to a generic welded in cat, to more crush pipe, to a cherry bomb as a resonator, to more crush bend pipe, to a generic turbo muffler, and then out through a single exit with a chrome split tip. It's absolutely terrible sounding.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Have any sound clips of the new exhaust system?

+ Reply to Thread