Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 Honda S2000 : Dual Duty: Daily and Track Car

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Ya, it wasn't that big of a deal and I only showed the driverside. It was all plug and play other then having to hammer punch the plate corner towards the body. I am just hoping the hardtop fits right, otherwise, I have to take it apart again.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Super excited about the last purchase. Found a screaming deal for these KW V3's new in box, from a race team that needed cash fast. $1600 shipped... Beats that $2600 MSRP price tag, and the cheapest I was able to find them for before this was $2200 before shipping.

I've never had coilovers with so much adjustability as well as external reservoirs till now.

Farmer Ron Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi is a jewel in the rough Arsigi's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by buddylove View Post
    Not really relevant to your thread at all, but I was horrified by the amount of mold/moss on your neighbor's roof.
    Ron a.k.a. Arsigi
    Spokane's Most Posted on here, too...
    FlügenWeb. Späcecode. TwitZöne. Ass Möde.

Ha, let's just say that they don't pay attention to the important things...

what a deal on the V3's!

I've seen occasional deals like that on M3 suspension... but never when I have money

definitely limit your adjustment on the coils to rebound at first. Leave the others in a middle setting until you start to understand the car, and more importantly, suspension better. I know people who have been racing for years who still don't understand adjusting rebound and compression at the same time.. it's not easy.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Ya, there is a guy that has a wealth of knowledge on how to setup the KW V3's for S2000's. I'll probably use his guidance heavily. http://robrobinette.com/S2000KWV3Tuning.htm

Just ordered a set of Marquis Promada 17x8 et 25 and 17x9 et 38. The offset is a little aggressive, but I think I can make it work. Typically a set goes for around $1900 used, but I am getting them shipped over from Japan and scored a really good deal on them.

How they look on a S2000.

Regular Member benny_mech will become famous soon enough
    Quote: Originally Posted by Arsigi View Post
    Not really relevant to your thread at all, but I was horrified by the amount of mold/moss on your neighbor's roof.
    It's a green roof. Ya heard?

It feng shui's with the Prii quite nicely.
    “Religion is a defense against the experience of God.”
    — C.G. Jung

Did a round trip to Coquitlam, BC yesterday. Found a guy selling a Stop Tech ST-40 328mm x 28mm Big Brake Kit, new in the box. I bought it at enough of a discount to make it worth it, however it did confuse the US Border Customs guys for some reason...

Last edited by buddylove; 2013.03.03 at 13:33 PM.

Last edited by buddylove; 2013.03.03 at 13:33 PM.

Just got the hardtop back from paint. It's possible that the hardtop was tweaked in the accident as it is not sitting right. I played around with one side, going to have to mess with it more in the future.

Before:

After:

Definitely a lot quieter on the short drive home, and no rattles!

Jeez, tough crowd.

Well, I think it looks good.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    I think it looks good. Is it off the first one you bought?

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    I definitely prefer the hardtop over soft. Same goes for the Miata too.
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '86 Rocco / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '03 GC Limited

Quote: Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
    I think it looks good. Is it off the first one you bought?
    Ya, I grabbed it once they decided to total it. OEM tops sell for $3500+ since they don't make them anymore.

Quote: Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    I definitely prefer the hardtop over soft. Same goes for the Miata too.
    So do I, plus I feel like it's a bit more secure from theft.

Tires showed up today for my wife's and my car. Which set belongs to who?

The DWS are for your wifes car?

Yup, it's kind of weird that due to profile, my 17s almost look bigger then her 19s.

Weird indeed. We just got DWSs on the Audi yesterday.

Nice! How do you like them so far?

Wheels showed up sooner then expected and nicer then expected.

Quote: Originally Posted by buddylove View Post
    Nice! How do you like them so far?
    No complaints so far. Time will tell.

Those Regas?

Nope, but close! Marquis Promada! Same wheel basically, except for the center cap area. I love Rega's, but too rich for me.

From the purchase pictures, I thought that one of the wheels had a gash in the paint. Turns out that it is a rubber mark or some sort of transfer of some kind. The paint still feels smooth over it, but its black like a rubber mark. Does anyone know if claybarring will remove it, or have any other ideas?

+ Reply to Thread