Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Exercise

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar

Exercise

I know there's at least one or two people who exercise on here. I'm just attempting to get our discussions in one place

So, some topics of discussion, loads? run times? Favorite workout?
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    And to start off, I've been doing Crossfit since June. Don't have any of my baseline WOD times in front of me now, sorry.

Best mile run ever, 8:13, but I can maintain an 8:30 for 5.5 miles.
    1 RM Deadlift : 375#
    1 RM Back Squat : 335#
    1 RM Strict shoulder press (no dip) : 125#
    Snatch : 155#
    Clean & Jerk : 185#
    -Tyler-

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    It's been a few years since I actually lifted weights, but I do a lot of cardio. Best mile is 5:50, best 5mile is 36min (slacking since the deployment, my last 2mile was 1440). We've lately been focusing on core strength with intense cardio/reps. Last week we did 4miles in just about 60min with 50lb rucks, but a couple guys need improvement.

(⌐■_■)
    last evenings workout was

5 sets of 5 deadlifts. In between each set, 5 pulls (pull-ups, muscle ups, ring pulls), 10 pushes (ring dips, push ups, hand-release push ups), and 15 HIGH wall-balls. Not for time.

My deadlift sets were: 135#, 300#, 280#, 270#, 260#, I chose pull-ups, hand-release pushups, and was tossing the 20# medicine ball to the 14' mark.
    -Tyler-

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Does this thread have anything to do with our recent conversation? lol

I started a workout routine a couple months ago, but haven't been doing so well since my father-in-law went into the hospital. Unfortunately, he's going to die in the next week or so, so the wife and I won't be back on the horse till after that mess is over with.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Monday is Bi, tri, and delt day. Wednesday is chest, back, and lower leg day. Friday is Trap and upper leg day. I do three sets of 24 instead of six sets of 12 for everything. I run ~2 miles three days a week, at least until the weather gets really bad, then I'll probably do my cardio at the gym, or buy a stationary bike and do it at home.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

(⌐■_■)
    Tonight's WOD will be:

1) Back Squat 7-7-7-7-7

2) Climb the ladder as high as possible in 7:00-
    1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10...
    hang power clean, 100/65
    thruster
    toes to bar

We'll see how this goes. Been dealing with a cold since last tuesday and not really sleeping well. Looking forward to the back squats, but not the ladder
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    back squats, worked up to a 225# set

Made it through 5 rounds, 6 hanging power cleans, and 3 thrusters.

Legs don't want to hold me up very well today
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    Last night:

OTM x 21:

1st minute: :15 handstand push-ups
    2nd minute: :20 lateral hops, 24"/20"
    3rd minute: :30 sit-ups
    Repeat for 7 cycles

And in the 'make your last round the best' fashion, I managed 6 HSPU, 19 lateral hops, and 23 situps.
    -Tyler-

so you're just doing daily work-outs?
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

(⌐■_■)
    yeah, 'just'
    -Tyler-

well.. yeah
    I was skimming the thread and trying to figure out if you were doing this daily.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

(⌐■_■)
    I would love to, but Jen would not like that. I'm already gone from home ~11 hours every day.
    -Tyler-

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Okay, I'm finally jumping back on the wagon. I planned on it a couple weeks ago, but my father-in-law was in the hospital with kidney failure, and then died on the 13th. I think life has settled down enough to focus on my own life again.

The plan.

I found a pretty intense, but well balanced workout routine that will take my through at least the next six months. It starts off with light cardio and short but intense weight lifting. Eventually, both even out as I get back in shape. I have a pretty strong core, but my lungs and heart are out of shape, as well as a few joints that have weakened with injury and not keeping up with exercise.

Tonight:
    Monday: Upper Body
    Warm-up:
    - 5 Minute Bike Warm-Up
    - 30 Seconds Of Jump Rope
    - A Set Of Pushups (just to get the blood flowing)
    - Arm Circles
    Workout Routine:
    - Flat Bench Press- 15 repetitions (abbreviated as reps)
    - Pushups (until failure)
    - Bent Over dumbbell row- 15 reps
    - Assisted Neutral Grip Pull-Ups (Use just enough assisted weight to allow you to do 15 reps)
    - Standing Dumbbell Bicep Curls- 15 reps
    - Overhead Triceps Extension- 15 reps
    - Lateral/Front Raises -10 reps each (So do 10 reps of lateral followed by 10 of front raises)
    - Standing Barbell Shoulder Press- 15 reps
    - Captain’s Chair leg raise (abs) – until failure
    - Crunches with legs in the air (abs) –until failure
    · With your legs in the air, crunch up so that your shoulder raises slightly above the ground
    · Hold for 2 seconds
    · Lower yourself to starting position and repeat
    Take a 2 minute rest and repeat- Do this 3 times for a total of 3 sets.

Tomorrow is already hurting, and I'm glad I only have one class to go to.

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    now do something completely different tomorrow

Picked up a set of weightlifting shoes on Saturday, and then saw today's workout posted:
    Quote: Power Clean 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Front Squat 5-5-5-5-5
    Should be perfect for trying out the new shoes
    -Tyler-

yup. Tuesday is destroying the legs

l Arron lSPACE

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Lazy run day today, 1mile run to a hill, then about 400m hill sprints (~40% grade) and back down 3x then 2x with buddy carry and 1mile back.

Well, didn't get the upper body in tonight. The weight area was being dominated by my school's baseball team. So I ran two miles and went home.

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    They slightly changed the workout on us, was 5x3 of the front squat

Pulled a 210 power clean and 215 for the 3-rep front squat. Definitely could have got more on the clean if we would have been allowed to go to a full squat when catching. Bruised up my shoulders pretty good too
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    Today was 'Christine'
    Quote: 3 rounds for time:
    500m row
    12 deadlifts, bodyweight
    21 Box Jumps, 24"/20"
    Last time I weighed was 245#. I'm sure I've lost weight since then, but I went with it anyway. Time was 16:06.
    -Tyler-

Regular Member benny_mech will become famous soon enough
    My workout plans for this weekend:

1) Kick start dirt bike (400cc thumper, 12:1 compression), take off down gnarliest trail I can find.
    2) Crash dirt bike, launching it off the trail.
    3) Drag 280# dirt bike back onto trail.
    Repeat steps 1-3.
    “Religion is a defense against the experience of God.”
    — C.G. Jung

I've been easing into working out again lately. Nothing too nuts. About 17-20 miles a day on the bike and some light weightlifting. Not really trying to bulk up, more trying to slim down.

(⌐■_■)
    Last night was:

3-3-3-3-3 back squat (start reps after warming up to 75% of 1RM)

21-15-9
    Wall ball (20#, 11ft)
    chest-to-bar pull-ups

Got up to 285# for the squats, finished the metcon in 9:24
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    tonight:
    For Time:

Run 800m
    30 Box Jumps, 24"/20"
    30 Push-ups
    1 Rope Climb, 20/15 ft.
    Run 400m
    20 Box Jumps
    20 Push-ups
    1 Rope Climb
    Run 200m
    10 Box Jumps
    10 Push-ups
    1 Rope Climb

It's going to suck a little, due to my schedule, last Monday was my last day in the gym.
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    that was effing miserable. I didn't even look at my time, it sucked. Oh, and I warmed up with 3x of : 200m run, 10 30" box jumps, and 5 strict pull-ups. Then 5x5 of 110# Push-press before the WOD.
    -Tyler-

+ Reply to Thread