Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Exercise

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by VDubVirus View Post
    Johann, check the link. Let's do this soon.

Pat, interested?
    Just a heads up, I don't know when it really 'opens'. There's no vehicle access to the beginning of the trail, you have to park at the very base. It's some pretty serious inclines up to the trail (comparable to some downtown Seattle hills), and probably over a mile or so (I wasn't paying much attention, was BSing the whole way).
    Last edited by girdwood; 2014.03.24 at 09:18 AM.

Quote: Originally Posted by girdwood View Post
    We just got back from a trail hike; lots of fun, haven't done it in a while. I had my A-pack on for a bit of weight, too.

http://alltrails.com/trail/us/washin...tain-rim-trail
    nice.. I've wondered what's around that area
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Do you guys know of any other good trails or sites to research different hikes? My wife and I are making this a regular thing, just looking for people that have experience in this kind of thing.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    I use wta.org and Visit Rainier.

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Do you guys know of any other good trails or sites to research different hikes? My wife and I are making this a regular thing, just looking for people that have experience in this kind of thing.
    I did Mt. Ellinor two summers ago. Really want to do it again this summer. Great hike, and a good way to put yourself on the couch for 3-4 days if you're out of shape.

http://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/mount-ellinor
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Just a heads up, I don't know when it really 'opens'. There's no vehicle access to the beginning of the trail, you have to park at the very base. It's some pretty serious inclines up to the trail (comparable to some downtown Seattle hills), and probably over a mile or so (I wasn't paying much attention, was BSing the whole way).
    Thanks for the heads up! I'm definitely interested in the hike now.

I used to have WA state park brochures. I've hiked the Paradise area or Mt. Rainier, and along the coast of the Olympic Pennisula.
    A good friend highly recommended hiking Mt. Baker.
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

Awesome, thanks guys!

Wallace Falls is a good hike, and a beautiful one.

Mt Si is always a pretty good hike too..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Finally got out for some exercise, 5k w/ one really good long hill, 34 minutes
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Went to some yoga/pilates thing with Jen this morning. Wasn't expecting much out of a mostly body-weight workout, but damn, it worked
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    Got to run in the Hood-to-Coast again this year. Same legs as last year, but I did *not* train enough/much leading up to it. Quite the epic weekend again, and the incredible storm made it all-the-more interesting.
    -Tyler-

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Washington Trails Association website www.wta.org. They also have an iphone/droid app called trailblazer.

Every hike I've done in Washington has been off of their site.

l Arron lSPACE

Regular Member benny_mech will become famous soon enough
    My family and I went down to the Ape Caves at Mt. St. Helens over the weekend. They're fun to explore. We made the mistake of bringing craptastic flashlights with us. With the kiddos it was a 2 hour round trip to do the lower cave. Up top it was cool to see where the lava had cooled around tree trunks, which burned and then rotted, leaving trunk sized holes in the lava flow.
    “Religion is a defense against the experience of God.”
    — C.G. Jung

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Hiked all around the Rock Candy area of Capital Forest yesterday while out archery hunting for deer. Going out again today. I forgot how much I missed tracking and sneaking up on deer. Hopefully I can stock the freezer early season versus late season.
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

Quote: Originally Posted by VDubVirus View Post
    Washington Trails Association website www.wta.org. They also have an iphone/droid app called trailblazer.

Every hike I've done in Washington has been off of their site.
    Nice, thanks man.

We just bought flooring for our basement 'gym' and cleaned/set out the weights. Now I just need to setup the Bowflex and actually start working out again

Nice, thanks man.

We just bought flooring for our basement 'gym' and cleaned/set out the weights. Now I just need to setup the Bowflex and actually start working out again

Sweet. Hoping to have that kind of room in the next house, or a big enough shop. I had a YMCA membership all summer, and went less than 10 times. It just wasn't convenient enough in my busy schedule. There's an Anytime Fitness across the street from my new field office, so I may be able to make that work.

l Arron lSPACE

Regular Member benny_mech will become famous soon enough
    Rode 66 miles of rocky, rooty, wet, whooped out, log hopping singletrack up at Taenum on Saturday on the dirt bike. Hiked up about 1.5 miles on the Wallace Falls trail with the kiddos on Sunday. Can barely go up and down stairs today.
    “Religion is a defense against the experience of God.”
    — C.G. Jung

+ Reply to Thread