Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Exercise

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Went in last evening for some fun. Warm-up was a 1000m row, then worked up to a 265# front squat, failed 2x at 275#. Did a few reps of 275# back squat, then started dropping weight and working on form. Ended with working up to a 185# clean. Legs were still pretty worthless after all the box jumps on Wednesday.

Doing an 8k run this weekend
    -Tyler-

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Moved Traps to Wednesday, so now Friday is 100% leg day.
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

"I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books."
    - Jorge Luis Borges

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Ran the Shamrock Run with Jen this morning, nice and easy pace for me (she's got short legs), 5.4 miles, 57 minutes.
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    Tonight :

1) Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3

2) Three rounds for reps:
    1:00 Wall Balls
    1:00 KB Swings
    1:00 Burpees
    1:00 Toes to Bar
    1:00 Rest

Not sure how i'm going to be after the run yesterday, my left hip is *very* tight. But, I will be aiming for 320-330 on my last set of deadlifts
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    Topped out my deadlift at 335, made 150 reps in part 2.
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    Tonight is:

3-3-3-3-3 Power clean, work up to a fail.

21-15-9 135# power clean (or 50% 1RM), toes-to-bar
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    effff me, that was brutal. Got up to a clean 3-rep of 195# for power clean, then failed 2x at 205. MetCon was 11:44. Toes-to-bar sucks for big guys.
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    Oh, Wednesday evening was focusing on Oly lifts, exercised that helped to develop explosive power. Lots of jumping involved.

Also, this:
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    last night was a bit 'slower' than most:

Front Squat:
    4 sets of 5 reps @ 50% 1RM
    4 sets of 4 reps @ 60% 1RM
    3 sets of 3 reps @ 70% 1RM
    3 sets of 2 reps @ 80% 1RM
    6 sets of 1 rep @ 90% 1RM

In between each set, alternate between high box-jumps or 5 ballistic sit-ups (20# medicine ball thrown to a partner)

My 1RM front-squat is 285#, so my sets were:
    140#
    175#
    200#
    225#
    255#

my high box-jumps were 36"

walking hurts today
    -Tyler-

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    I haven't worked out in a while... but I'm going to force myself to run 5miles tomorrow at 7am. Time to get back in to it.... bleh..

been around the block a few times EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20 is a jewel in the rough EK20's Avatar
    Five miles is "getting back into it"? I regularly run 2 miles at a time (6-8 miles a week).
    The soul that pines for eternity shall outspan death. You, dweller of the twilight void, come Dunwich

- Jorge Luis Borges

(⌐■_■)
    spent 2.5 hours at the gym yesterday working on my clean. Did a very extensive warmup, then 9 reps at 135# focusing on form. Workout was 20 reps, starting at 175#, adding weight each rep till a failure. Then, drop back down to your previous success. Add weight if you don't fail it. Vicious cycle, I ended up with the majority of my successful reps at 220, just couldn't get under the bar in time at 225.
    -Tyler-

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by EK20 View Post
    Five miles is "getting back into it"? I regularly run 2 miles at a time (6-8 miles a week).
    Yeah, I use to run 5days a week, probably close to 30miles some weeks. It clears my head, too, and it's something I need again.

(⌐■_■)
    Today's WOD sucked!
    Quote: Originally Posted by http://crossfitfortvancouver.com/?p=96651 For time:

50 Double unders
    50 Burpees
    50 Wall ball shots, 20/14 lb.
    50 Back extensions/Supermans
    50 Push press, 45/33 lb.
    50 Toes to Bar
    Walking Lunge, 50 steps
    50 Kettlebell swings, 35/26
    50 Jumping pull-ups
    50 Box jump, 24"/20" box
    39:38
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    Another one that was brutal:

"McGhee"

In honor of Corporal Ryan C. McGhee

30 minute AMRAP of:
    5 deadlifts, 275#
    13 pushups
    9 box jumps, 24"

I did 9 rounds + 11 reps
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    last evening we did hill sprints

30:00 total
    3:00 cycle, sprint 0:30, recover for 2:30
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    wasn't going to make it to the gym this evening, went for a run after work, pretty sure it's a new best, 3.22 miles, 29:38
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    5 minute AMRAP
    7 ring-dips
    7 kettle bell swings (53#)

5 minute rest

5 minute AMRAP
    7 pull-up
    7 push-ups

5 minute rest

5 minute AMRAP
    7 wall-balls (20#, 10')
    7 slam balls (30#)

le tired
    -Tyler-

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Call it exercise, or don't, but I went on a 5 mile road/trail ride on my new 29er bike. I pushed myself pretty hard, mostly to test the bike. I'm hoping to do the western Chehalis trail from Oly to Yelm before I start my new job next month.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Holy crap. my thighs are pissed. went about 16 miles this morning. Started out just riding around Lacey, and ended up doing about 7 miles of the Western Chehalis Trail headed towards Yelm. If i'd had more time, and a couple granola bars, I'd have just done the round trip to Yelm.

Sitting down and standing up is a new challenge. ha ha

l Arron lSPACE

I know that feeling after leg day.

- Jorge Luis Borges

I made matters worse buy biking to downtown Oly, yesterday afternoon. I put in somewhere between 20 & 25 miles yesterday. Thank God for 28 beautiful speeds...

l Arron lSPACE

I got my two mile run in today. Tomorrow is chest back and trap day.

- Jorge Luis Borges

6mile ruck, 15min pace, 45# + kit.

^ voluntary or voluntold?

l Arron lSPACE

+ Reply to Thread