Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Exercise

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Voluntary... I've been shamming out of PT lately, I figured I should pop in now and then I wanted to try out my ALICE pack, anyways.

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    .5mi warm up run, 100yd sprints x15, 50yd sprints x6, half lap of stadium stairs, and small circuit of abs, short sprints, and upperbody with .5mi cool down back from the stadium.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    7 reps, Hang Clean, worked up to 185#, then work on ring dips, pull-ups, and pistols for ~30 minutes
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    looking forward to the first part of this evening's workout

Quote: 1) 20:00- Work up to a heavy single power clean

2) Partner WOD:
    Run 200 meters
    Max Rep Strict Pull-ups
    Run 400 meters
    Max Rep Sit-ups
    Run 800 meters
    Max Rep Wall Balls
    While one partner runs, the other completes as many reps as possible at each movement. When the runner returns, switch roles. Score is total reps.
    Want to PR on the clean, shooting for 225. Second part of the workout, not really looking forward to that...
    -Tyler-

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Yesterday.

Moved 15 yards of concrete via wheel barrel with 2 other guys. Insanity workout has nothing on moving liquid concrete
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    Got my 225# clean

then carried 2 cornies of beer ~5 blocks from the car to office this morning
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    20:00 EMOM
    1 clean
    2 front squats
    work up to failure

9-15-21 rep rounds of
    185# deadlift
    burpees

got up to 175# clean & squats, did 9:52 on the metcon.
    -Tyler-

Did a ton of stairs in a stadium today, but was cut short when I fell like a sack of shit after splitting my knee open on one of the bleachers... going to be out of commission for the next couple days.

(⌐■_■)
    ouch!
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    This was fun:
    3-3-3-3-3
    push-press

I was able to get 155#

Then this really sucked:
    21-18-15-12-9-6-3 rep-rounds for time, of:
    push-ups
    OH lunges (35#)
    v-ups

time was 17:37
    -Tyler-

Normal Member ExplosiveToaster will become famous soon enough ExplosiveToaster's Avatar
    So any guidelines for getting more flexible to do back squats? I started doing some lifting a few months ago based on my roommate's following of StrongLifts. However, I do front squats instead of back squats since I have a partial labral tear in the front of my right shoulder, and trying to get my arm that far back with the bar behind my neck really doesn't feel good. I've heard that back squats work muscles differently and can be "better"? (What is "better" when it comes to personal things like exercise anyway?). I'm in the process of changing jobs and finding a new place to live, but once that's all done with I'd like to re-think my routines so I can keep losing weight. I'm already down about 20lbs since the beginning of February!
    - Mike | My Photos | '16 VW Golf R | '87 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3-16

(⌐■_■)
    just plain ole stretching, not much else will help with it
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    this is going to be brutal

Quote: "Harvell"

In teams of two,
    complete two rounds of the following:
    11 Rope Climbs
    200m Buddy Carry*
    33 Power Cleans (135#/95#)
    400m Buddy Carry
    55 Front Squats (135#/95#)
    66 Burpees with an additional push-up at the bottom of each repetition

*Buddies may be replaced by sandbags
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    well, that succeeded in being brutal, but that is the entire point of the Hero WODs. My partner and I made it 1 full round, and through the power cleans, in 34:47. I feel sorry for him having to carry my fat ass
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    If you're on G+, follow this page : https://plus.google.com/u/0/115447048939505916990/posts
    -Tyler-

Guns a-go-go 5k pub run in tacoma this saturday. Anyone else interested in joining? It's for a good cause

Guns A-Go-Go Pub Run Info site
    Last edited by Das Brust; 2013.06.20 at 17:01 PM. Reason: i suck

(⌐■_■)
    not for me, working this weekend
    -Tyler-

Same here.

(⌐■_■)
    went for a 4-mile run last night, the heat really sucked the life out of me, 40min.
    -Tyler-

this morning was sprints:
    2x 400m
    4x 200m
    8x 100m
    50 pullups, 100 pushups, 100 situps

and then 1.5hrs of soccer in the afternoon

(⌐■_■)
    Power cleans on Monday night, worked up to a 215# power clean, no squat. Then 6 sets of 2 power cleans at 80%

met-con was w/ a partner:

Partner 1 - row 250m
    Partner 2 - 2x53# kettlebell front-rack hold
    Partner 2 - row 250m
    Partner 1 - 2x53# kettlebell front-rack hold

3 rounds for time

We placed 3rd out of everyone at the gym, 5:17, felt good to be fast/strong at something
    Last edited by twardnw; 2013.07.31 at 14:47 PM.
    -Tyler-

I've been trying to do more circuit style training and running lately (after doing 2mi in 16:03, my slowest ever, I realized I'm out of shape). I'd like to get back down to 12:45 for 2 and under 37min for 5.

Today was:
    5x through, 1min rest between circuits, 1min each station
    crazy Ivan's w/ 12# medicine ball
    squats w/ bar
    bench dips
    situps
    shoulder lats w/ 10#
    tri extensions w/ 25#

then 4x through, 1min rest between circuit
    8 pullups
    10 leg to bar thingies
    15 pushups
    20 squats with bar
    20 situps

Regular Member benny_mech will become famous soon enough
    Rode the dirt bike through some boulder fields, then tackled a tree:

http://youtu.be/V6VPBv-lThE

http://youtu.be/8w4l8u9bznA

Yes, the valves sound terrible, and need to be adjusted before the next ride.
    “Religion is a defense against the experience of God.”
    — C.G. Jung

(⌐■_■)
    worked out with my buddy last evening, at his gym. Did back squats, 5-rep with a 5-second hold at the bottom and no pause at the top, worked on snatch, and then 3-rep front squats for speed (explosive power for oly lifts). Ended up with an almost 2.5 hour workout, was a blast.
    -Tyler-

+ Reply to Thread