Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Exercise

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    couple rounds of turkish get-ups last night, followed by deadlifts. Added 10# to my PR, up to 385 now. Goal is 400 by the end of the year
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    just went for a 4.1 mile run, heading off to Oly Lifting session at the gym
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    good oly session, spent most of it working on getting low in my split jerk
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    been going back through another round of Wendler 5/3/1, want to improve my shoulder strength (and in turn stability with snatch and jerk), and get my deadlift to 400+ by Christmas.

Tonight was:

Deadlift
    145 x5
    175 x5
    212 x5
    267 x5
    302 x3
    337 x1+

Pulled out 4 reps on the last one, then onto strict press

47 x5
    57 x5
    70 x5
    87 x5
    100 x3
    110 x1+, got 4 solid reps before my crappy form stopped me, no dip, no jerk.
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    Got to the gym a little early, so I ran 3.2 miles (30ish minutes), then did my de-load workout for Wendler 5/3/1

Deadlift:
    147 x 5 (x4)
    177 x 5
    215 x 5

Press:
    55 x 5 (x4)
    75 x 5
    85 x 5

Then did a little bit of core work.
    -Tyler-

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Cutting back on drinking and starting to exercise more (again). Ran for the first time since I don't know when; only 1.43 miles in 12:36. Yikes...

(⌐■_■)
    Ran a half-marathon yesterday, 2:38:29. I hurt

Oh, and Monday I had a deadlift PR of 410#
    -Tyler-

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    Ran a half-marathon yesterday, 2:38:29. I hurt

Oh, and Monday I had a deadlift PR of 410#
    Nice! I'm going to do a half-marathon by the end of the year. I've been running every day the past 2wks, no more than 2mi a day, but I'm starting to work my way back up.

Regular Member benny_mech will become famous soon enough
    Last night I trued up the wheels on my mountain bike, put on new tires, cleaned the chain, raised up the handlebars a bit, and promptly came down with the plague.
    “Religion is a defense against the experience of God.”
    — C.G. Jung

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    bingthejew and I have been hitting the gym 2-3 times a week for the last three weeks, I think. Mondays was shoulders, and Thursday was chest... Holy crap, I can barely change my shirt. Arms are toast. Seriously, holding a beer is painful.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

Get a beer helmet and all will be right in the world.

Oye...timed myself on the run today, 2.50 miles in 23min flat. Yikes. Worst time ever, but in my defense, there are 3 major hills on the route (I go to a point and back). I'm going to a track hopefully this weekend to get a legit time for a baseline so I can see, hopefully, improvement over time.

Kiss my ass about the poor time. I can do a mile in that time with no stops.

I'm not trying to demean anyone, but when I use to run 5 days a week for years, my times shouldn't be this bad. I'm just really out of practice. I use to do 2mi in 12:45 and 5mi in 37min, so that time was a huge disappointment to me haha

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by girdwood View Post
    I'm not trying to demean anyone, but when I use to run 5 days a week for years, my times shouldn't be this bad. I'm just really out of practice. I use to do 2mi in 12:45 and 5mi in 37min, so that time was a huge disappointment to me haha
    It happens when you switch to 1st Civ Div.
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    ^ yuuuuup.

I used to run 3 miles in 24-26 minutes. I MIGHT be able to do 2 miles in that time, right now. That is, if I was able to finish at all. The knees and ankles aren't lubed up like they used to be.
    Last edited by VDubVirus; 2014.02.09 at 21:28 PM.

l Arron lSPACE

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by VDubVirus View Post
    ^ yuuuuup.

I used to run 3 miles in 24-26 minutes. I MIGHT be able to do 2 miles in that time, right now. That is, if I was able to finish at all. The knees and ankles are lubed up like they used to be.
    Before OIF 6-8, I could run 3 miles in 21minutes. Nowadays, I'd be happy to make the same distance under 30min

I think the rowing machine is the way to go for us

l Arron lSPACE

Regular Member benny_mech will become famous soon enough
    Just went for a 1.5 hour mountain bike ride in Japanese Gulch, which kicked my nuts in. I feel like I'm in the worst shape of my life. Good to be riding mid-February though! Just gotta keep at it.
    “Religion is a defense against the experience of God.”
    — C.G. Jung

(⌐■_■)
    finally getting back to the gym tonight, after a ~2 month break Have been fairly busy in that time though, what with buying and starting to fix up a house
    -Tyler-

Screwed up my calf on a run yesterday I was about .5miles away from the house and tried to run it off, bad idea... so much pain. Once I stopped moving for a few minutes, I couldn't walk on it last night. This morning it's 1000x better, but still painful and a burning sensation. I can bear load, stand, and angle my foot down, but I can't go past the 90degrees, such as when walking, so now I'm currently walking like an amputee with prosthetics. So much for running today.

Went light, tonight. Took the whole family to the gym. My oldest ran a mile and a half (personal record), and my youngest dined around for an hour. The wife and I hit up the elliptical for about 25 minutes, and then did some core work.

All the lifting I've been doing with bingthejew has me gaining weight, and growing into my clothes. Time to slim the belly down so I don't look like a fat idiot who just lifts. lol

l Arron lSPACE

Did a full workout on legs tonight with VDubVirus, can't skip leg day. Already feeling the shakiness of not working out most of my leg muscles since summer of 2010.

Regular Member ENRGZR will become famous soon enough
    I need to do this workout thingy too. What gym do you guys use?

+ Reply to Thread