Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Mr.Nobody's ever changing daily driver MKII Jetta

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Installed some vent shades today, been wanting to get a set for along time. Always have my window at least cracked open,no matter the weather. Found these for less than half price on Craigslist and they are brand new.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Picked up a set of my favorite aftermarket pedals, had a set for a long time, can't for the life of me remember what happened to them.

My mirrors arrived from Poland

Put the Coco mats that my gf got me for Christmas. Very pleased with how they look.

Be sure to let us know how much rearward vision you lose with those mirrors. I've always heard they were horrible but I've never used a set myself.

Scored today! NWrecycling had a Canadian mk3 CL in it, got a complete non ac serpentine set up. Only $40 bucks for everything.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    excellent!
    -Tyler-

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Nice! That seems like a really good price.

Finally bought different wheels for it, first time in 8 years.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Nice!

Normal Member V8-190e is on a distinguished road V8-190e's Avatar
    Very sexy wheels!

Got new tires put on today and adjusted the shift linkage. And finally after 5 or 6 months of having it laying around I mounted my Thule rack. Also scored two Thule bike carriers for $30 off Craigslist today.

New wheels came today!

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    those tires look like a very rough ride
    -Tyler-

Well started cleaning the new wheels yesterday getting them ready to go on and came to realize they are going to need to be refinished. Stopping on the way home tomorrow for a quote.

I scored a original mk3 Trek bike rack for free fifty, but had to figure out how to adapt it to my load bars. My detective work was spot on. My Thule order came in today and I threw it on.

Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2017.03.29 at 19:43 PM.

Just when I think you couldn't possibly improve the looks of that car...you do. I can't wait to see the all-red tails/heckblende installed.

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    +1, excited to see all red.
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '10 VW Touareg TDI [Tow Rig and DD]
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '03 Audi S8 --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)
    '01 Ducati ST4

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Agree with the others! Painting the mirrors or keeping them black?

Painting or wrapping them, haven't decided yet. Just finally test fitted them to see if I actually wanted to run them. The main housing will be white and I am going to black texture the adapter/backing plate. I actually have a complete set up coming with Heela all red FAW tails and the correct oem tun plate. I wanted the Hella ones in the first place, but are really hard to find. So I just went with ziza brand ones, but somebody posted the hella ones bnib on vortex, so I jumped on them. Going to sale ziza brand ones and plate tub to make some money back.

So me being me and not being able to not do things the way I want, I now have two complete all red FAW Jetta tail light set ups.

The first lights I bought are Ziza brand and they are nicely made. But I really wanted the ones by Hella, there is no real difference other then the Hella ones have a amber lens inside them, for the turn signal. On the Ziza you just use a colored bulb.

They popped up on vortex a couple of days ago bnib, but the guy would split them from the oem FAW Jetta plate tub. So now I have that as well. It's new never been mounted and still in factory primer. They got painted body color in China.

Installed the Hella FAW tails and the all red carbon fiber heckblende yesterday.

Installed my KW V1's Monday and got it detailed for Springmeet Saturday.

Good start to the season.

+ Reply to Thread