Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr.Nobody's ever changing daily driver MKII Jetta

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Stopped at Carter VW on the way home(go by it everyday) to get a oil filter for it and one of the owners of Carter complemented me on it.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Finished detailing the interior, going to change the oil in the morning and do final touch up detail for Leavenworth.

I always wanted some of those gauges put in the switch blanks...
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Car did great on the cruise, don't know if it was from removing all the A/C crap or not, but it went up the pass with ease this year. did'nt need to down shift or run it in the higher RPM's. But sadly I apparently broke my trip odometer when I had the cluster out last week I use it more then my gas gauge to tell how much gas I have, so I will need to fix it soon.

That being said I don't know the exact mileage I went or got per gallon, but I used just over 10 gallons to drive Ballard to Bellevue, Bellevue to Leavenworth(via our route), Leavenworth to Lake Stevens and finally Lake Stevens to Ballard. She also rolled over 229,xxx miles on the way home.

Here is a few pics of the gf's and my car at our annual stop at the little church on our way back.

Found out what is wrong with my trip odometer, the rest button is catching the trim ring I installed and not coming all the way out. So I will have to be mindful of it until I have a chance to take the cluster out and notch the trim ring.

Great pictures though!

Ordered a new black leather with blue stitching shift boot(will match my steering wheel), A NRG 1/2 steering wheel spacer to bring my steering closer to me, poly front sway bar bushings and a NOS Kamei Rubber Golf ball shift knob. The reason for the the new shifter set up is my VW Motorsport one piece one is starting to show some wear and it's not like it is easily or cheap to replace, so I am going to save it for special occasions now.

Installed the NRG 1/2" spacer when I got home. Definitely made a difference, just a quick trip around the neighborhood and can already tell I am going to like the more relaxed arm position.

Without spacer

The spacer/spacer installed

Package arrived from the UK with my med kit trunk bracket, so I threw it in real quick.

Now to order a med kit.

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Looking good, man, I'm loving that front fog setup!

Thanks!

Today I changed the front sway bar bushings, I installed urethane ones. Way more of a pain in the ass than I thought it was going to be. I also installed my new chrome inner door handles.

Some pics of the door handles:
    Before

Old Vs New

After

I installed them in the rear as well, but didn't take any pics.

Did great on the drive today,every time I take a long drive since I got the Recaro's all I can do is so comfy! But I got a to do list now, there is two saggy spots in the headliner the need attention, got to replace the broken exhaust hanger and adults my shift linkage.
    Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2014.08.16 at 20:50 PM.

I'm super happy with the Recaros in the bunny as well, and I haven't even driven it yet! They feel so comfy though.

Tired fixing the headliner today,fixed it somewhat, but going to have to begin investigating redoing the whole thing.

Scored some goodies for it today! Got the beyond hard to find oem black inner sunroof seal, black sun visors and black headliner clips, for when I redo the headliner. Also got a whole adjustable b-pillar seat belt set up, so I can finally switch from the door mount belts.

I did a headliner once.. probably won't again. I failed pretty miserably at choosing a fabric that would stick well. I'd probably pay someone to do it these days..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Yeah, I am not looking forward to it, but it needs to be done. So, Today I came home to a box with my OEM A/C delete set up, so I can replace the toywagen set up i have now.

is there a reason you're replacing your current setup.. other than to go OEM?

Mostly just to go oem, also got a killer deal $65 shipped for everything.

nice

Tools came for changing the pulleys, now just need the belts and time.

So I came across these on ebay while hoping to find a set of used grills to replace my broken ones and decided to rick it and ordered them. http://m.ebay.com/itm/171435406864?txnId=1276888304007

Ordered them late Thursday night and they arrived today, so 5 days from the UK and have to say glad I took the risk! They are really nice quality.

Test fitted them and they fit great. Never mind my finger in the shot.

looks nice!

These arrived today, a lock to go on my quick release when the wheel is off and a holder for the lock when it's not in use. I didn't get the holder mounted, the adhesive pad that came with it is not very good.

+ Reply to Thread