Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr.Nobody's ever changing daily driver MKII Jetta

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Another package came for it today, nothing exciting, a OEM First Aid kit. I plan to finally to put it in a show next season and trying to get all the bonus points I can. And it's probably not a bad thing to have around.

that oem kit is pretty cool

the hub locker is sweet too... looks nice
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Very nice! I have a Mercedes one I keep in the Scirocco. Can't remember where I got it...I think I was just junkyard shopping, saw it, and they gave it to me for free.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Had the tires rotated and balanced yesterday.

Normal Member ExplosiveToaster will become famous soon enough ExplosiveToaster's Avatar
    I have the original first aid kit for my 190! I'm not sure how useful the 27-year-old bandages are going to be though...
    - Mike | My Photos | '16 VW Golf R | '87 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3-16

Might want to refresh those!

I have been wanting to get new fog lights for it for awhile, the ones on it I sourced from a guy on the east coast and the lenses are pitted bad.

So I recently sourced another set with near perfect lenses , but one of them had the typical MKII melted fog light projector housing due to them being plastic. But I already planned on up grading to the better porcelain/ceramic(?) MKIII housings.

So here are the new lights. The one with the melted housing lense was grunge inside.

The melted housing

To take it apart all you do is scrape out the sealant and expose four little metal tabs and bend them up. Then it just comes apart.

Nasty!

New MKIII projector.

Lense all cleaned up, projector installed and resealed with high temp sealant.

Going to install them next weekend.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough

Very nice work!

This happened today, only 20,000 more to a quarter million.

Also installed the new fogs today, what a improvement! Way brighter with the clearer lenses. Some comparison shots.

Installed

looks nice. I always wanted to do the mk3 projector mod.. but never got around to it. I still have a set of orange mk3 projector fogs.. might stick them in one of my bmw fogs some day
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

So yesterday I had one of these start being made for me,

Carbon fiber Heckblende! So psyched! It will be getting shipped on the 26th!

Here is a shot of raw one.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Nice! Love carbon!

Was talking to guy earlier, technical issues might be another week before it ships, but he is express shipping for no extra charge now. Also earlier today I ordered some NOS rareness from eBay.de, a Metalplast hood scoop.

Also looking into rear disc swap and I have other parts laying around that need to go on it like a full adjustable b-pillar seat belt swap, so no more door belts. But can't seem to get any free time lately.
    Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2014.12.28 at 18:50 PM.

Woohoo! Got a tracking number lastnight!

Also picked some parts for doing a rear disc swap. Got the stub axles, hard lines and backing plates. Everything else I plan to get new.

A couple of days ago I got a "westy" heater control panel and had to doing some modifying to make it work.

Got rid of the door mount seatbelts and installed adjustable b-pillar seatbelts today.

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    Love how clean the car is...and the mods 95% of people won't even notice.
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '96 GTi

Thanks, I sometimes forget everything I have done to it.

Got some goodies delivered today, Big Bumper Quarter flares that only came on the 90' GL Golf, they replace the full arches and rocker panels. Between Zeb at Auburn Vw and VWHeritage I was able to get a complete new OEM set.

It's here!!!!!

Looks nice!

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    Noice!
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '96 GTi

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    F****ing score!
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

Installed it today!

Then I went to a little VW/Audi show at the Edmunds Dick's there was 40 cars and I won first place! It was a crowd vote!

+ Reply to Thread