Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr.Nobody's ever changing daily driver MKII Jetta

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Awesome! When are you going to do a motor swap?

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Have no desire to, I have a healthy reliable motor. And the only motor swaps that interest me at all is a G60 swap or a 16v on DigiII, since it would be the easiest. All I would need is the motor,exhaust manifold, down pipe and to change the cat. Also I would need to live some where with a garage.

But really, people underestimate a properly set DigiII 8v, More than a few people have surprised that is what I have under the hood, especially since Chris hooked me up with that tranny. And that chip installed is a perfect match for it. Everybody has gotten so caught up in cramming different motors in them, they have forgotten the small motors that drew everybody to the early VW's in the first place.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    That makes sense. In the Mini world everyone hates the original 850 as it usually can't get out of its own way. You have modified your whole car, so I figured that was the last place to go.

Wait... your b-pillar belt receivers are adjustable now? How'd you manage that?
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    I completely removed the passive restraint seat belts(they are on their way to France) and installed adjustable ones from a 87' Jetta.

I didn't know any mk2 had adjustable b-pillar belt attachments
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

85-87 GLI's

I see...

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
    85-87 GLI's
    My '89 Helios had them as well. Assumed they were standard for the pre-big bumper cars...at least the GTis & GLis.
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '96 GTi

That might be true, I have personally only found them in 85-87's. And I don think they ever had them in GTI's.

Could be just a GLi thing then...up until they went to the passive belts on the 90.5s.
    -Chris S.

Normal Member VWsEatRice is on a distinguished road VWsEatRice's Avatar
    i just went outside to look at my old 89 gli and it has them

Love packages from Germany!

Installed it.

Before

After

Your Jetta is becoming a museum...an exhibit of period accessories. I love it!

Thanks! There is some big interior changes being planned also.

Yeah it sounds like you're going with a Recaro interior?

Already have Recaro interior, but I am switching from the Grey Recaro interior to the Trophy interior. It needs work but I got most of the stuff to fix it up on the way already. Main thing is the door cards have loose fabric, but I already fixed one. And there is a little oddity coming from the boys at Orchid Euro that will definitely catch people's eyes and have me answering questions.

So hear are some pics of the bespoke new interior. It's dirty but should clean up easily, there is loose fabric on 3 out of 4 door panels, but I already fixed two of them. Also ordered a set of new exact match bolster covers to be made for them and various trim pieces for them.

Awesome!

Those have got to be the best set of trophies I've seen in years.
    -Chris S.

They are going look even better when my shipments come in! Most people probably would just run them as is, but if you haven't noticed I am bit of a small details freak.

Another part of my interior make over came last week, I finally got them clean so I thought I would share.
    Dirty

All clean

Loose saggy material on the door cards has been fixed, two of them are shampooed and ready to go in. New steering wheel arrived this week, as well as the new bolster covers. So I should be good to go to start the interior make over this weekend.

Looking forward to the pics!

+ Reply to Thread