Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr.Nobody's ever changing daily driver MKII Jetta

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Started yesterday, but didn't get anywhere as much as I wanted to done. Got the last two door panels, both parts of the rear seat and front seats clean. That was a massive effort, there was one section of the rear seat that took 5 scrubbings it, it didn't look that bad until I started clean it. And I had to redo the lower fronts again this morning, when they dried they didn't look very good.

I also pulled the current seats and swapped the lower foam pieces over. The ones on the new seats weren't bad, the ones on the old seats are mint though. This morning I worked on getting the headrest freed up, they were really difficult to move up and down. Also lubed the hinges. Need to clean and treat all the vinyl before I can start installing anything. I plan to work s little bit each night on it and drive the Cabriolet to work this week.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Made some progress after work, all the door panels are clean, vinyl is cleaned and treated. Also cleaned and treated the rear seat.

Some before and afters of the rear seat upper section.

And a couple of the ready to go door cards.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Looking forward to seeing the makeover!

Fronts ready to go!

Got the front seat belts in today.

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    What are you doing with your old seats?
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '10 VW Touareg TDI [Tow Rig and DD]
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '03 Audi S8 --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)
    '01 Ducati ST4

I am selling the old interior as package, front, back, door cards and GLI/GTI with Recaros only carpet that matches the Recaro perfectly. The carpet is like new, I bought it in December from a guy that pulled it from a car 12 years ago. I never installed it, just shampood it.

Finished the make over!
    Before

After

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Looks awesome!

P.s. Your poor ignition... Way too many keys!

Need all them, use 85% on a daily basis. There 6 just for my apartment, 2 for the front door, one for the laundry room, one for the shed in the laundry room, one for the mailbox and one for the shed in the carport. 2 keys for locks at work, luckily our 3 cars only use one key each.

Today I am calling it a draw between making progress and going backwards. Went to install the new antenna for my SiriusXM, because I cut it in half accidentally when changing out my interior. And I managed to ruin the new won too. so another one is on order.

After that fiasco I invistagated why my front left speaker wasn't working and you guessed it, I cut the speaker wire in half when doing my interior. It was in the opposite side of the antenna. So I ran new wire and all is good.

Finally, I changed out my toywagen ac delete pulley to OEM non ac pulleys.

Before

After

Picked up some micro suede material for redoing my headliner today, can't seem to get a good pic of it.

Also installed a strap to hold the OEM VW jerrycan I picked up in the trunk. Plan on showing my car this year, so I am going for the easy bonus points. Have some other stuff I am doing later.

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Interior looks great! Where did you get that Jerry Can? I wouldn't mind picking up a few of those!

I got it from someone on vortex, they work at a dealership and always post oddball stuff in the misc VW stuff for sale.

never knew something like that existed

how-tf did you cut your wires?
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Same spot on both sides, the lower mounting bolt for the seat belts. The wires are run down under the carpet.

ahh..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

After dealing with gf's car I did some work on the retrimming of the headliner pieces. Antsy to get the rest done.

Hopefully I will get a chance to update the thread tonight, been busy doing stuff to it, in preparation of Springmeet Sunday.

So I finished up the headliner last weekend. Came out ok, going to have to redo somewhere down the line, after we move and I have a garage to really take my time to do it slowly.

Also added OEM black sun visors with a lit passenger side mirror.

Also worked on getting free bonus points for safety stuff in the trunk at the show Sunday.

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Looking good! The headliner looks great. Good luck on Sunday!

Thanks!

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    Looks great! What kind of adhesive did you use for the headliner?
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '10 VW Touareg TDI [Tow Rig and DD]
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '03 Audi S8 --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)
    '01 Ducati ST4

+ Reply to Thread