Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr.Nobody's ever changing daily driver MKII Jetta

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Ordered a new ICV, managed to fine a oem vdo one new for $206 with free shipping, by far the best price I came across.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    It turns out it wasn't just just ICV, after replacing the bad hose and ICV, I was still having the same issue. Found in old thread describing the same symptoms, my idle screw had shut itself and keeps shutting itself. New one is on the way. In other news the old girl didn't do to bad in its first year showing.

Idle issue seems to be fixed. And I have been amassing parts for projects, to try to improve my scores next show season. Honestly I thought about calling it one year and done on the showing of it. But I inspired my brother to finish his mk3 and show next year. So I am going to give it ago again. But I am busy working OT, so it will be slow goin.

Parts I have got or on their way:
    Eibach Rear Swaybar
    Eibach Flat Strut Bar
    Polyurethane rear motor mount insert
    Beru Power Ignition
    ABD Big Bore intake
    Early Euro on/off script vent switches
    Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2015.11.15 at 11:16 AM.

Finally got a chance to do some work on this. I scored a can't miss deal on a bnib Eibach rear sway bar. I already had a St sway bar on, but I really didn't like the end mounts. They are adjustable, but a pain to do. And I played with the different settings, but always went back to the "normal" setting. Both bars are 25mm. The shapes are definitely shaped different. Has to do with the rear mounting. The Eibach mounts directly to the lower rear shock mount. Unfortunately the cold iced roads are preventing any really comparison runs. Some pics.

The difference in mounting

After that I installed a rear engine mount poly insert, made a big difference. But had to do vibration control afterwards and shifter alignment. Now I have a G60 solid rubber tranny mount, Solid billet front mount and the stock rear with poly insert.

Also threw in a Abd Big Bore intake that I polished, using a Black & Decker mouse sander for course sanding and hand wet sanding.

Lastly I changed the cabin filter.

Did some work towards next show season, added some shine to under the hood. Polished coolant cap and Eibach flat bar. Had to refinish both. I didn't want them perfect, left the nicks,but polished them out really good.

Coolant cap before

After

Engine bay before

After

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Looks good!

Order some more stuff for it, got a new limited edition MOMO Prototipo 50th Anniversario steering coming. Also finally tracked down the correct Recaro flexi seatbelt latches.

trying to make the car special and perfect I guess
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    trying to make the car special and perfect I guess
    Got to try at least maintain how I did last year. Car will never be perfect, needs to be repainted and I don't see me ever having the money to have that done.

More part ordering, one part from Poland and one from Germany. Coming from Poland is a hanging center console set and from Germany a Polo 6N Red Color Concept one piece shift knob/boot.

Normal Member Chris will become famous soon enough
    Quote: Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
    But I inspired my brother to finish his mk3 and show next year.
    Easier said than done. But my Stance Machine should be ready to go and hopefully people will like it as much as I do. I can honestly say, I haven't had this much fun hoarding parts and trying to keep up with your build as much as I have this year. Maybe even one upping you here and there. Bring on 16'

Some goodies have arrived.

Polo 6N Color Concept shift knob/boot

Golf Madison hanging console

Tried them out together
    Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2016.02.06 at 22:38 PM.

Finally installed early euro on/off vent switches I have had since October.

Before and afters

I also switched out my heater fan and discovered that my resistor pack is bad too. I found one at p-n-p, but it was bad. So I tracked a new one down and should be here Thursday.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    The older I get the more I love OEM+ Where's the installed pics?!?

Might get them in next weekend, center console needs a heavy scrubbing.

Got my tax return today, stopping by FT on the way home tomorrow to talk to Chris and set up a visit. Going in for timing belt service, TT 260 cam and new lifters.

My resistor pack came, I have heat again! Looking forward to driving it tomorrow, Been over a week.

Dropping it of Tuesday!

Another goodie showed up.

Should look great installed.

Going to repolish and then paint everything that's black, red.

Been awhile since I have seen our engine bay. Do you have red plug wires or hoses?

Quote: Originally Posted by buddylove View Post
    Been awhile since I have seen our engine bay. Do you have red plug wires or hoses?

Should look great. Have you thought about re-polishing it, keeping the sides black, and painting the top black slats, red? It's just easy to go with too much color in one area and then your eyes are only drawn to that part of the engine bay, instead of the whole engine bay.

+ Reply to Thread