Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr.Nobody's ever changing daily driver MKII Jetta

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Well there is secret project I working on that will balance out the red.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Dropped it off at Fine Tuning for some goodies to be installed tomorrow.

Picked it up today, had a 260 TT cam installed along with t-belt service done. From what I can tell from the drive home I am going to be very happy the more seat time I get.!

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough

Yesterday I fixed somethings that were noticed when it was at FT the other day. The power steering was in sad condition, luckily I had a spare new one.

Yikes!

Also had a broken exhaust hanger and for some reason the center section was coming loose from the catalytic converter at the slip joint. So I replaced the hanger and fixed the center section. I also realigned everything.

My USRT MushMeister arrived today, absolutely love it! Clutch pedal feel is solid through out use.

So, basically it is an upgraded bushing? Nice, that it changed pedal feel so much!

Yeah, it's made of billet and the rubber parts are way stiffer. I have been hearing good things about them, so I said what the hell.

After driving to work, I am even more impressed by it.

Finished the under hood makeover.

Up first a Beru Power ignition(it is just a housing, no extra power) I have had this awhile and finally finished redoing it.

Advertising for it

When it arrived from Poland

Tore Down

Bought all the stuff to redo it at http://beruparts.com/

In process of redoing it.

Next up is a Rapid Parts valve cover.

How it arrived

After I repolished the ridges

Prepped for paint

Made a paint booth in my garage

Painted

Finished

Installed

I had to refab the ICV bracket as it wouldn't work with the new valve cover. I didn't want it just hanging there.

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    Looks great!
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

Tony, that looks amazing. A Red Top would look really nice in there, or do you need the deep cycle?

Quote: Originally Posted by buddylove View Post
    Tony, that looks amazing. A Red Top would look really nice in there, or do you need the deep cycle?
    I actually have been thinking about it, this one is 8 years old.

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Holy cow, what a transformation! I love the looks of your engine bay.

Quote: Originally Posted by alxdgr8 View Post
    Looks great!
    Quote: Originally Posted by buddylove View Post
    Quote: Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
    Holy cow, what a transformation! I love the looks of your engine bay.
    Thanks everyone!

I installed my e-codes with leveling motors this weekend. One of the motors was bad, I ordered a NOS set of motors from Germany, but I stopped by Fine Tuning on the way home and Chris hooked my with a used one from his stash and I threw it in when I got home.

The goods

Used a connectors from a mk3 to make wiring cleaner and OEM. I did this for the illumination and power. And of course I soldered and heat shrunk everything.

Switch and lights

Video of them in motion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFrLZqj3op4
    Last edited by joel; 2016.03.07 at 20:42 PM.

nice! fun project!

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    Love the valve cover.
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '86 Rocco / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '03 GC Limited

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    I never even knew you could get leveling motors like that, pretty damn cool!
    -Tyler-

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    I never even knew you could get leveling motors like that, pretty damn cool!
    They were an option on the S2 Scirocco as well.
    I had an '87 Passat wagon that had them, it was fantastic to have when you had a fridge in the back, or when towing a trailer.

+ Reply to Thread