Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Mr.Nobody's ever changing daily driver MKII Jetta

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Got packages from Lithuania and Germany today! From Lithuania is a OEM MK2 dual heated seat switch, oh, yes! Last piece so I can make my Reacro's heated.

And from Germany a brand new last edition with documents to prove Bonrath mono wiper, place even gave me an extra brand new wiper arm free!

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    The other day I broke yet another door lock pin, so I bought a set of aluminum ones off of eBay for $15 shipped. They go with my interior perfectly.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Had similar ones in my MK3 GTI. Nice

Got some stuff done this weekend. First I got my MKIV calipers painted and ready for the rear disc swap.

Got my Bonrath installed, love it! Took advantage of everything being out of the way and cleaned all the build up junk off the paint on the cowl around the wiper holes.

Before

Cleaning the junk before and after.

Old v's New

If you're only going to have one wiper blade, better make it a good

It came with this special nut and tool to help protect against theft of the wiper arm.

After

Changed center consoles, went from a Westy Diesel long console to a Golf "Madison" hanging console.

Before

Comparison

After

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Looking great! You'll have to tell me how much you like the single wiper for daily use. I like the look, I just don't know how they are for clearing rain water fast enough.

Quote: Originally Posted by buddylove View Post
    Looking great! You'll have to tell me how much you like the single wiper for daily use. I like the look, I just don't know how they are for clearing rain water fast enough.
    Will do, took for a drive while it was raining Saturday after installing it and was pleased.

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
    Will do, took for a drive while it was raining Saturday after installing it and was pleased.
    Nice. I've driven single and dual wiper Sciroccos and I have to say I prefer the dual wiper setup. It just offers greater windshield coverage.

Did they offer the Madison hanging console in Europe? It's been so long since I've driven a Euro Mk2 that I don't even remember. Was it only offered on the A/C models?

It was only in Euro Madison editions, fairly certain it fits both AC and non AC cars. As the way and where it mounts, is the same on both
    Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2016.03.15 at 10:13 AM.

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
    It was only in Euro Madison editions, fairly certain it fits both AC and non AC cars. As the way and where it mounts, is the same on both
    Ok, thanks!

This reminded me of what they were:

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    Quote: Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
    Nice. I've driven single and dual wiper Sciroccos and I have to say I prefer the dual wiper setup. It just offers greater windshield coverage.

Did they offer the Madison hanging console in Europe? It's been so long since I've driven a Euro Mk2 that I don't even remember. Was it only offered on the A/C models?
    Found it interesting that my 190E had a factory single wiper, but in true Mercedes style they engineered it to changes lengths with rotation, thus has much better coverage over a fixed radius wiper.
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

I actually started this project last weekend, but when I finished I discovered my master cylinder gave up the ghost. So I had to order one and finished this weekend. I rebuilt my entire brake system.

The parts list:
    EBC Rotors
    EBC Red Red Stuff Pads
    ECS Tuning front and back brake lines, the rears are their MKIV caliper conversion lines.
    New front calipers
    Complete rear disc swap with MkIV rear calipers
    22mm Master Cylinder
    Motul RBF 600 Brake Fluid
    And painted everything with DuPont Caliper paint

Before

My OCD took over on one part, the front caliper carriers are all one piece with the steering knuckle. I could have not painted them to match and no one would probably notice, but I would know.

So....

After

Installed my new steering wheel, love it!

Finished my heated Recaro project, it works perfectly. It's a hybrid system made up of a MKII switch, MKIII wiring and MkIV heating pads. I plan on writing a up DIY. A few pics now though.

When was working on that I installed the correct flexi buckles for my seat belts.

And I bought this.

I've installed many of those chrome trim rings but I've always left the center piece out. I think you might have convinced me to install it next time.

And I'd like a DIY on the heated seats...I have a factory Scirocco setup I need to install.

Congrats on the DigiFiz!

Started the new season of with a class win.

Awesome, no photos of it there?

In a parking garage, horrible lighting, brothers Mk3 in shot also.

But.... Someone offered me a free professional photo shoot! Going to set something up in a couple weeks, after I get my Digifiz installed.

Nice, I can't wait to see those pictures.

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    Car looked great!

P1050586 by Vex Art, on Flickr

P1050589 by Vex Art, on Flickr

P1050592 by Vex Art, on Flickr

P1050593 by Vex Art, on Flickr
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

Thanks for the awesome pics!!!!

Side note, people wanted me to report on how the mono wiper is to live with on a daily basis, it works great! even in the torrential downpours I drove through to and from the show yesterday. The only extremely tiny issue, wouldn't be an issue if I wasn't a hair over 6'2" tall. The cut off of the wiping area in the upper driver side of the windshield is just a tad in my field of vision, but if I was shorter it wouldn't be.

I'm sure the photos don't do the car justice, looking forward to seeing it sometime.

Digifiz install started last night.

Worked more on the Digifiz install. Did a side project, pulling all the wiring for the cruise control, I deleted it from the bay years ago. Pulled the harness for the stock cluster and plugged in just the main part of the Digifiz harness, couldn't resist turning it on.

Will you be able to configure the mileage / kilometer to match your car?

I know there is people in the UK that know how to do it, but I am not worried about it. I will just keep track of it. I am keeping my stock cluster and there is 84km on the Digifiz.

+ Reply to Thread