Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Mr.Nobody's ever changing daily driver MKII Jetta

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    I started Sophisticated Euro prep, I repainted the grill spoiler. I sanded all the previous paint off to start anew. Used primer with flex agent in it for plastic pieces. Hopefully paint will not crack this time. Definitely the best paint job I have done to it to date.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Hung up and rearranged my trophies from last year and this year. Not bad of a collection considering I didn't really think I would get anything.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough

Lots of little changes made this weekend, more happening this week in preparation of this Sunday!
    Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2016.08.08 at 18:55 PM.

Keep forgetting to update this, been a busy week and was in shit mood. I got third in my class at the show, but it was against two cars I always beat and my score was the lowest I had ever received. Well on Wednesday they posted up the scores and Mike completely forgot to score my trunk, he gave me all my safety points and all my safety stuff is displayed in my trunk! If I had gotten even the base score for the trunk I would have won my class by 3 points and been 1 point off of Best in Show. So if I had even got one extra point for my trunk I would have tied for best in show or matched my lowest score on one of the other sections I would have won best of show. When pointed out all Mike basically said oops my bad.
    Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2016.08.21 at 15:28 PM.

Finally time to update this, during show prep I changed a few things. I scored mint carpet at P-n-P and when I say mint I mean mint! It dosen't look like it was ever installed. And it came from a '86 Jetta. Also changed from smoked side markers and turn signals to clear ones, very pleased with the new look. Also scored a 20 some odd year old Kamei shift knob nib from the Netherlands and I also got a black leather shift boot with grey stitching made, very pleased with it.

Carpet

Shift Knob

Lights

Just noticed I haven't shared my neat little interior fire extinguisher bracket I made. I used a spacer bracket that came on 90-92 MK2's to limit seat travel and turned it into a the holder.

Went to a cool little show Saturday night and got a really nice trophy!

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    That's the cleanest fire extinguisher install I've ever seen. They are mandatory in Belgium, and the dealer would always just place/screw them into the most unfortunate places...

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    That is a great install. Great use of the space, too. I'm not sure who uses that space directly infront of the seat, that's a great idea.

A roller from on the way home from PWL yesterday.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Glad I caught you for at least a few seconds at the show Thanks for coming down!
    -Tyler-

Normal Member KlokWerk is on a distinguished road
    I'm always surprised by how you can find more things to do to your car! Looks great.

Quote: Originally Posted by KlokWerk View Post
    I'm always surprised by how you can find more things to do to your car! Looks great.
    Thanks! I actually always have ideas in my head. Some of the stuff I have done lately I thought about years ago. It's getting closer to the vision I have always had.

And on that note..... I recently installed a euro e-brake set up, I had a leather cover cover made for the handle that matches the shift boot.

Also installed a MKIV gas cap with a teether, so know more worrying about leaving the cap at the gas station!

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    That's one thing I really cannot stand about Oregon. You can't fill your own tank. No, you don't need to click the gas cap a million times to make sure it is shut. Oe Scirocco locking fuel caps don't exactly grow on trees.

It's better with the bunny, as you can pump your own diesel. But then the attendant either freaks out that I'm putting diesel in a gasser, or they just become incredibly patronizing...

Anyway, enough ranting, I like the MkIV setup.

Yeah, I couldn't stand not pumping my own gas!

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    Great thing about the 600-700 mile range of the Touareg, I can drive right through Oregon without stopping!
    Stopped once with my Mercedes, and you had to hold the handle at about 90 deg otherwise it would shut off. Attendant started it several times only to have it shut off a few seconds after they started walking away, I started to explain the issue and they quickly asked if I could just pump it myself. I gladly accepted.
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    I love how specific the law is though, you are only prohibited from pumping gasoline, and only at a retail fuel station. Diesel, kerosene, av-gas, you can all self-server, or any Pacific Pride \ fuel network type place.
    -Tyler-

Showed it and defended my best watercooled from the same show last year.

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    I love how specific the law is though, you are only prohibited from pumping gasoline, and only at a retail fuel station. Diesel, kerosene, av-gas, you can all self-server, or any Pacific Pride \ fuel network type place.
    Apparently the law dates back to 1951. It was put in place because gasoline is a "Class 1 flammable liquid", and gas station owners were afraid their customers might blow up the station. Considering everyone smoked and there were no safety valves in the pumps, I find it a plausible explanation. Nowadays they just keep it around because "it creates jobs".

And congrats Tony!

These arrived today!

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough

Scored a NOS Jetta GT rear badge from a guy in Bosnia of all places. Mk2 Jetta's never came badged GT in the US, only Europe.

Also got a K&N pre filter, helps keep bigger debris from collecting in the pleats and it helps wick water away. It's made of a water resistant material.

Scored this at p-n-p the other week, old school 25mm adjustable Autotech rear sway bar. Only cost $36! Had one bad ring mount, so I e-mailed Autotech to see if I could still get one, this bar was discontinued years ago.

Was in luck only $20 bucks for a new mount and bushing. So I am into it $56 for a bar that sold for $250 when it was available. Mount came today so I changed it.

Ordered these this morning!

+ Reply to Thread