Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr.Nobody's ever changing daily driver MKII Jetta

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Thanks Izzy I came home from work and switched them. I looked again and they are not marked and I checked the boxes again and they are not marked either. But for reference the cooling vanes are straight and not directional. But my OCD wouldn't allow me not to switch them

Glad I could help! For once I wasn't asking a question.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    If they are straight, then it really doesnt matter. If they have an angle on them, then it matters. If you switched them, great! then people like me wont automatically judge Interestingly, we are doing some brakes on a MKV today and the slots dont match the vane angle. AKA, the slots look wrong when the rotor is installed properly. Customer supplied parts though..

On another note, you probably have the fastest reference to MKII heater box foam repair. Any good links?

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    ..On another note, you probably have the fastest reference to MKII heater box foam repair. Any good links?
    Heres one of the better ones http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ht=Heater+foam

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Thanks man!

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    Thanks man!

President, MK2 Society trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit's Avatar
    I got a bunch of that foam extra... When you doing that Chris? I am always up there and am willing to give you some sheets

Thanks, Dan. But I had to put it back together today. I got it all sorted.

Got my FOHA all prepped for install on saturday when I got home from work.

Needed to clean all the adhesive off of the underside so I would have a good mounting surface.
    Before

Weapons of choice some soft steel wool, a razor blade, and window cleaner from my work. I sprayed it on and let it soak a little bit. Then used some elbow grease.

Exactly what I was looking to remove

And after I was done

Lastly I prepped it with the new mounting adhesive

Adhesive of choice

All ready for saturday

Gave it a bath and detailed the trim. Going to be busy day tomorrow installing new stuff.

Busy day today got a lot done. Started the day by replacing my relay shaft bushings, I noticed when I installed my new relay shaft that they were bad.

Old upper bushing, it was shot.

Lower bushing was in better condition, but it was done.

Ordered these heavy duty replacements from TT

They have grooves in them to hold grease.

So I greased them with wheel bearing grease and reinstalled them.

After adjusting my shift linkage I took for a test drive and did this the whole time There is positively no slopp in it. Though I needed adjust my linkage a second time because I didn't get quite right the first time.

Before the second test drive I changed from my yellow fog light bulbs to my clear drive light bulbs. During the test drive I stopped and set my tire pressure and filled up and added some Seafoam.

Next I installed my foha spoiler Have wanted one since I got the car. Though now I am thinking I need to track down a Heckleblende

I also cut a little more of my tailpipe so I could tuck the tip in a little bit more.
    Before

After, not a huge difference but it looks better to me.

Moved on to some interior changes. Went from a MOMO Race wheel to a MOMO Limited Edition Blue Stitched Monte Carlo. They are the same size.
    Old

New

And I had a matching e-brake boot made.

Up next is redoing the stereo and detailing the paint for the summer.
    Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2013.05.04 at 22:42 PM.

that lower bushing looks like it is installed in the same orientation as the upper bushing. Probably should flip the lower one over so it doesnt fall out of the bracket.

Will do, thanks for catching that.

So over last weekend and this weekend I redid my stereo. I went from a Pioneer DEH-6800MP headunit(6 years old) to a Pioneer DEH-X8500BS headunit. It has hands free blutooth and direct control for your i-pod. Also changed from my mono fosgate amp to a sony 3- channel amp. I had one of these amps before and was more than impressed with how powerful the little amp is. I wanted to amp my seperates in the front of my car but didn't want to run 2 amps. I didn't change any of my speakers at this time, but now I am planning on it. I did however add Boom Mat baffles to my door speakers and my rear deck speakers for better sound.

Overall I am happy, but I really need to get new speakers they are 6 years old and not sounding their best anymore. Here's a pic of the old unit and of the new set up.
    Old:

New:

Almost forgot I completely pulled all the factory speaker wiring out and made a new harness with good speaker wire. I repinned the factory connector, thanks to Chris for the connectors and letting me borrow the special crimpers needed to install them. I also plugged the remote turn on lead wire for the amp into the factory power harness connector.

Last night I pulled the wheels off and gave them a good cleaning and a coat of wax. Today a reinstalled my billet front motor mount with upgraded hardware so I am hoping I won't break a bolt again any time soon, changed the oil and installed a windage tray, adjusted my shift linkage and realigned my exhaust. So much to get done before next weekend.

Some shots from lastnight

All prepped

After a lot of work lastnight and today it's already for Leavenworth

President, MK2 Society trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit's Avatar
    Looks great man!

Thank you!

So after the drive this weekend I have to say all my hard work over the last few months refreshing my car was money and time well spent! The addition of the solid billet front mount and Digi 2 chip made it pull nicely all the way up the pass. My brakes felt solid and void of fade, plus way less brake dust than previous set up. The fresh shocks and struts and the addition of the rear sway made it corner great. Ecspecially on the way home coming down the pass, it's always felt a little skecthy before, this year I felt a lot more controlled.Now the maintenance things I can think of to do are freash tires and new control arm bushings.

And I must be doing some thing right I had more complements on my car this weekend then I probally ever had before.
    Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2013.06.17 at 15:54 PM.

Found some proof I must be doing something right, I have more shots of my car from the drive this year then all previous years I have taken it combined.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    It did look really good on the drive.

it's one of the cleaner mk2's around Tony
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Just finished quick detailing it before the nasty heat hits the next couple of days, don't want anything baking on that freshly clayed bared and buffed paint! Also think I tracked down the last of the parts to convert to the early trunk trim and ordered a set of these in red http://trimsport.bigcartel.com/produ...8v-side-badges

+ Reply to Thread