Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr.Nobody's ever changing daily driver MKII Jetta

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Repainted my grill spoiler, didn't come out as good as I hoped. So I am going to have try again next weekend.
    Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2013.06.30 at 15:38 PM.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    The rest of the parts I need to convert to early trunk trim arrived today. Between my car and the gf's car I am not going to have much time sit this weekend.

Normal Member Chris will become famous soon enough
    I know its finished, but where are the pictures

Changed the trunk trim to the early Jetta trim with euro lower rub strip

The befores

The Afters

nice... I like NOS stuff like that
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Got a package from the U.K today

It contained these

Installed

nice
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Normal Member Chris will become famous soon enough
    I think I see some dirt

So today after helping the gf's mom move I came home and did some rewiring of my fog lights. For some reason I started popping fuse last night. Hopefully my rewire fixes the proplem.

Then I fixed my headlight. Don't know why but it was full of moisture when I got home today. When I parked it last night around 11 pm it was fine and I am fairly certain that it looked fine when I looked at my car this morning. I pulled it off and used a hair dryer to dry it out and put a fresh bead of silicone around the whole thing.

And finally I installed my euro/canadian CE2 driveside underdash tray.
    U.S CE2 on right and euro tray on left

U.S

Euro has a nice panel that comes off for easy acces to everything that also provides a dice cubby for stuff. Plus the pocket on it is bigger for more storage and it extends all the way to the firewall to provide cover so you don't kick any wires loose.

Installed

Tomorrow I am going to try to get ahold of the guy with the new door and finally get it set up to pick it up.
    Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2013.08.03 at 21:10 PM.

that dash cubby is nice

reminds me of the tray that was on the earlier mk2's.. I had a lot of junk in that thing

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Nice, loved my euro map tray in my Mk3.

Now all you need is a VAG service book. My Jetta TX had one, complete with all service records since new. Sadly, that car was rear ended.

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! The new door is home! The funny thing is it is going to be the best door now.

Did final strip down of the new door and washed and used a clay bar on it. Came out nice, no surpises under the grime

Dirty pics

Clean pics

FRiday night I am going to polish and wax it, my brother is supposed to be come over next saturday to help install it.

Door is all polished and waxed, ready to go on. Unfortunately my help tomorrow bailed so I am doing it by myself tomorrow, I think I have a good plan.

It's on!

Old Door

And since my helper backed out, my helpers for the day Jack and Strap!

Hard at work

Good time to wipe out the door jam.

New vs. Old

New door on!

Finally after 6 years of owning it I can take full shots of the driverside.

I don't think I have stopped since I finished and can't stop randomly just staring at it!

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Wow dude, that looks really good.

Wonderful news!!

Quote: Originally Posted by buddylove View Post
    Wow dude, that looks really good.
    Thanks, I can't keep stop going outside looking at it and doing this

Quote: Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
    Wonderful news!!
    Yes it is!

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Finally!! Looks great man!

that looks awesome.. glad that worked out for you.

Still can't stop staring at it Now I am paranoid that something bad is going to happen to it.

Friday night, saturday I spent about 12 hours doing my yearly labor day weekend full detail. Also repaired one of my splash guard and installed my newly aquired sunroof deflector. Today I meet up with a guy and he traded me cash and a 7 slat grill for my old front rotors. The grill is nice but I am going to have paint it with SEM trim paint.

The 7 slat grill I picked up finish was shot. Had to paint it so it was black again, I used this www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/BDO0/802.oap. It worked great and looks great.

have before & after pics?

+ Reply to Thread