Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr.Nobody's ever changing daily driver MKII Jetta

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    have before & after pics?
    No, gf took the camera to a family event. I wish I did, it worked great. You can't even tell I painted it, the finish looks totally factory with out the pesky fading issue I plan on useing it on a couple more things so hopefully I can get pics then.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    So yesterday I replaced the door sills attached to the rain gutter. It was a very so slow annoying process, but it looks great.

Old sill on the drivers side, forgot to take before pics of passenger side but it was worse.

The new to me sills, I have no idea how the guy I got them from pulled them off with out damaging them.

Weapons of choice to remove old sills

Old one removed

New sills on

Took some shots of my new 7 slat to try to show how good it came out.

Installed this morning.

Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2013.09.15 at 10:36 AM.

that 7 slat does look pretty good
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Having a good morning! German Auto Parts just posted on vortex that they found one new 7 slat grill in their stock and few minutes later I paid for it. Only $45 shipped.

haha.. nice
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Waw! That was cheap!!

Nothing exciting to report, greased all the door handles, wiped it down, vacuumed it and put some gas in it.

So last weekend I switched my door cards from the normal gray/ black ones to ones from a Recaro grey interior. Think they look a lot nicer.

The old ones(pics are from my shitty cell phone)

New ones

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Those are dreamy. Especially at the price you paid.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    Nice! Door cards are a huge improvement, IMO!

I am loving them, they just make the interior feel nicer. I really need to find some sort sport seat I fit into though, I don't fit in factory Recaro's.

which ones? The power recaros have larger bolsters, but the non-power recaros have smaller bolsters and fit people who aren't skinny better.

Junior Member Spoona_Jay21 will become famous soon enough Spoona_Jay21's Avatar
    looks good man! alot of progress since beginning, and to my eye's, all in the right direction! lol

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    which ones? The power recaros have larger bolsters, but the non-power recaros have smaller bolsters and fit people who aren't skinny better.
    Both, I thought I would fit in power ones better too. And it's a more of my height and build issue, then a fat or skinny issue. They are just to narrow, the bolsters and up under my thighs unless I pinch my knees together, which makes it kinda hard to drive. The guy I bought the door cards from and the power seats for sale as well. I tried for half an hour to find a position they where comfortable, but couldn't.

it's the non-power recaros that would fit you better. But they also aren't as comfortable.

You definitely wouldn't fit in the OMP Champ seats in my M3. They fit me prey w well, which means that most other people don't fit in them as well

Gf got me some parts I wanted from Toywagen. Got me there Digi water temp sensor adaptor, it just pops in the extra port in the coolant flange on the front of the block. I am installing a gauge when I redo my coolant system when I do my taxes, also going get myself a SWG vent gauge pod holder, so every thing will be nice and easy.

She also got me there AC delete kit, now I just got to figure out how to change the alternator pulley, I have never done it before. So anybody want to clue me in on how to do it?

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    impact gun set to 'loosen'. works every time.

I wonder if my electric impact gun would do the trick?

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    No idea. Never tried it. If you cant get it off, you can bring both to the shop and I will swap them for you.

You going to be at the shop Monday?

no. We will be there tomorrow and Friday and the same corresponding days next week. After that, its back to business as usual. I might actually be there on Monday, but we wont be open. If you want to swing by, I can still help you.

Installed my toywagen AC delete pulley and ripped out all the useless AC crap.
    Before

Stock pulley on left, toywagen pulley on right

On the alternator

After, much cleaner engine bay

Scrap pile
    Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2013.12.30 at 16:35 PM.

nice.. the AC stuff takes up a lot of space in the mk2's. You could remove PS to save even more space

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    wow, that's a lot of leverage against the poor alternator bearings
    -Tyler-

Why do you say that?

+ Reply to Thread