Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr.Nobody's ever changing daily driver MKII Jetta

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    the further away from the alternator housing, the greater the stress on the bearings is going to be.

Though I suppose some were offered w/o A/C stock? And that setup would be similar to this?
    -Tyler-

the non-AC 16v cars, which are pretty rare, had a different bracket. Apparently no one has decided to make a replacement bracket
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    The stock non AC pulley isn't much shorter then the toywagen unit,. I saw pic of AC,non AC and the toywagen pulley next to each other once, but can't find it. And like what Joel said 8v non AC set ups are hard as hell to find(let alone trying to find CE2 non AC heater controls), plus to use the stock one you have to change all the pulleys not just the alternator one and the mounting brackets. Tons of people have used this set up and I never read any complaints about them.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Starting to shop around a little for stuff to do when I do my taxes, the big thing I am looking for is new tires. For some reason the selection of 205/40/16 tires sucks now, the best option being Toyo proxy 4s, which I have owned two different versions of over the years and never really liked. So I am thinking of going to a 205/45/16 so I can get some Continental DSW's, but know how I feel about the bigger side wall.

Also going to finish upgrading my stereo system new speakers and adding a second amp. I am also going to make a few more changes to the interior, already ordered some gauge trim rings. And I also plan on tracking down a Sacex grill and a Heckleblende.

I have the DSW's on my Audi with no complaints.

*DWS

They're a very good tire, but the tread design does introduce a wishy-washy feeling on turn in. They grip very well though, and perform very well in wet, dry, and even grip pretty well in snow
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Regular Member benny_mech will become famous soon enough
    I have that exact model and size tire on my Gti VR6 right now, I dig it. Much nicer ride than the 40 series tire and 17" wheel combo I had before.
    “Right now, it's like this.”
    ― Ajahn Sumedho

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    *DWS

They're a very good tire, but the tread design does introduce a wishy-washy feeling on turn in. They grip very well though, and perform very well in wet, dry, and even grip pretty well in snow
    I noticed that as well. On the Audi it's not a big deal. I got them for the good traction in most conditions.

My new tires arrived today, have to say my UPS driver rocks! He took the time to move my BBQ to hide my tires from sight.

Made a appointment to the tires put on and get a alignment, Also my SWG gauge pod, water temp gauge and gauge sending unit showed up today.

Did you leave a thank you 'gift' for the UPS driver? I have to say, he went above and beyond his call of duty, that rocks!!

Next time I see him I will thank him, I swear we have had the same one the entire 9 years we lived here.

My SWG guage pod.

I got the new tires put on today and a alignment, so nice to have grip again! Also cleaned and repacked my rear wheel bearings.

Test fitted the gauge pod and gauge.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Looks good. Do you still have the door seatbelts? I hated those in the MK2s. They always seemed to get in the way.

Yes, I do, they don't bother me. I think it is because I am tall though, I can't stand the normal seat belts in my gf's golf, there just dose not seem to be a height setting that doesn't bother me. But I spliced the wires together a long time ago so I don't have to have the seat belt plugged in, made it a pain in the ass when working on the car.

This came today.

Jetta Craigslist Edition?

President, MK2 Society trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by CRacer21 View Post
    hahaa

Quote: Originally Posted by CRacer21 View Post
    You know, I never did know what the CL and GL actually stood for, just that the CL was "poverty spec" and the GL "big luxury".

For the Mk2, I seem to remember C, CL, GL, GT, GTi, GLi, TX, GTD and Carat trim levels. I'm sure there were more.

Silicon hoses came today.

Very nice!

Stopped by my brothers work today and he vinyl wrapped my new grill it matches pretty good.

+ Reply to Thread