Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr.Nobody's ever changing daily driver MKII Jetta

Holy hell! Why vinyl, when it would be much easier, and more accurately color to use black Plasti-dip? More durable as well.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    I don't like it when the bottom trim of the grills don't match body color. My brothers work is a detail, tint and vinyl wrap shop, so all it cost me was a Dick's Deluxe and a chocolate shake. It was left over vinyl from a Porsche Panarama they wrapped. I plan on painting it this summer with color matched paint, I don't have a garage to work in, so I have to wait until the weather warms up. And it actually isn't that far off in color.

President, MK2 Society trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    Holy hell! Why vinyl, when it would be much easier, and more accurately color to use black Plasti-dip? More durable as well.
    Yes cause using black plastic dip would be more accurate to white in color.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Ordered the last couple of hoses I needed to redo my cooling system and some supplies to make my wiring harness for the fogs in my new grill. Also my OEM wiring harness for my Recaros came in the mail today.

The last of the parts I have been waiting on arrived today, got the stuff for the fog light harness I need to build, the new bolster cover for my Recaros and the last few hoses I need to redo the coolant system.

Changed the bad bolster cover on my passenger Recaro today.

Cig burn

New bolster cover

Took the seat apart

New one installed

After that I busted out this

And did this
    Before

After

I also did this to the drivers seat. I cleaned the two stains off the drivers seat, so they are ready to go in Saturday finally.

hah.. never thought about using a fabric marker to color markings on seats
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

I was actually going to just use a Sharpie to do it, but my gf asked why I didn't just use her fabric pen. I cleaned the rear seat today, so the seats are all ready to go in tomorrow.

Started to change my interior out, but the bases to the Recaros I bought have been modified even though I was told they hadn't been But I lucked out and found a set of unmodified ones and payed for them this morning, now I have to wait for them to get here from Canada. So all I got done was the rear seat and got the wiring harness for the seats installed.

Wiring harness

Rear seat
    Old

New

A shot of how to narrow they bases are.

mk2 recaro rear seats look so nice
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Yes, they do, but they would look even better if the fronts were in! The guy I bought the unmodified bases from just sent me the tracking number!

the fronts do look good.. though they can be really uncomfortable for some people. The non-power seats I had were less than comfortable.. though the power seats seem to be better in that area

Game plane for tomorrow is install all new coolant lines, coolant, tune up, CTS, sending unit for vdo coolant gauge and reinstall my rear sway bar, took it off when I had new beam bushings pressed in a couple of weeks ago haven't had a chance to reinstall it. Really hoping(wishing) my new seat frames show up so I can install my Recaros.

Gave it a tune up and changed all the coolant hoses today. Replaced the main large ones with mki autohaus silicone hoses.
    The coolant was a little dirty

Took the coolant bottle into the house, put in some hot water in it and shook it and it actually came clean really easy.

All the old hoses. Amazingly all but 2 are the ones it left the factory with.

Ahh, fresh clean coolant.

Some comparison shots of the hoses

Installed my toywagen coolant temp sensor. Had to put the factory one in the blank spot on the bottom of the flange. Going to install the VDO gauge later.

My new unmodified seat bases arrived today. Got everything swapped from the old bases onto the new ones. here is a shot showing how much narrower the modified ones are.

toywagen cts?

CTS adapter http://toywagen.com/ makes life a lot easier installing a after market temp gauge sending unit. Digi II coolant flanges have a open spot from the factory. I am actually surprised that there isn't more companies that have a product like it.

oh nice.. they sell 16v ac delete alternator pulleys

Threw my Recaros in after work. Definitely going to take some getting use to. Took a quick drive after putting them in and I realized how shitty my stock seats are. I never really noticed how much I had to hold myself in place, I kept having to remind myself to relax into the seat.
    Some crappy Iphone pics.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Always loved the mk2 Recaros.

Installed my SWG gauge pod and my water temp gauge today.

Went for my first extended drive with the new seats and Way happy with them, so was the co pilot The only thing I wish is if I could slide it just like a 1/4" further back, I am on the last hole now.

you're too tall?

mk2 recaros are such a sweet seat for their day.. not uncommon to see them swapped to bmw's now

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    you're too tall?
    Just about!

President, MK2 Society trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit's Avatar
    What are you doing with the old front seats?

Going to sale them, they are just sitting in my bedroom.
    Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2014.04.19 at 22:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread