Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr.Nobody's ever changing daily driver MKII Jetta

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Got some work done to my car today, not as much as I wanted to. Thought I had everything I needed but didn't, so had to do a second p-n-p run today and after that I was burnt out for the day. But the first time I went I scored a Non Ac heater box.

Dan is hooking me up with the control panel, I need to redo the foam and get a new heater core. Also going to try to track down a deep glove box and passenger under dash tray.

I installed my hood lifts today and put my new badge on.

President, MK2 Society trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit's Avatar
    Clean man.

I will take your old seats.

wait.. you put a Jetta CL badge on your car? You're doing this because you want to make it look lower spec than it is? This seems backwards
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Yeah, why not? I was getting some parts from a guy and he through it in for $5 bucks, something different. I wouldn't know what trim level you would consider my car now anyway?

Just won a auction for a NRG short hub and Gen 2 Quick Release for $150. Wanted it, one for the added security and two the combo is a little taller than the MOMO hub so my steering wheel be a little closer to me.

Just scored a deep euro non ac passenger under dash tray. You can fit Bentley manual in it.

Just paid for a deep non ac glove box, it's coming from Lithuania.

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
    Just scored a deep euro non ac passenger under dash tray. You can fit Bentley manual in it.
    Nice. Sounds like the M5 glovebox. That thing is freaking huge!

One thing to watch out for on the heater controls...I think the A/C cars may have an extra fan position, so you might have a little wiring to do if the plugs are different. I don't know if there is any difference between motors. I seem to recall my '86 GL (non-A/C) only having a 3 position fan, while the GLi (A/C) had 4 (1 through 3 & defrost).
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '96 GTi

You are correct ac is four position and the fan is different, luckily I grabbed the complete wire harness for it So all I should have to do is unpin the power wire on the old switch and pin it in to the new switch.

Some photos of the deep glove box and dash tray.

Very nice! I remember my old Jetta back in Europe had these. Loved them.

Looking forward to them! My NRG Quick release came today, just need the short hub to arrive.

Short hub came today.

Did some work today.

Torn down

And Bam!

Unfortunately I broke one the bulbs, so pictures of them on.

My brother made me this.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Looks great!

Thanks! This happened this morning.

Now you see it.

Now you don't!

My Scirocco needs that.

amazing that you have that grille and lights in good shape! I must see this in person..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Yes, you do! It has never been installed before now.

Glovebox is officially on U.S soil, arrived in New York Tuesday and my new fig light bulbs arrived yesterday so I will get the in this weekend, get the lights aimed and take some pics.

Had Chris order a new heater core this morning so I can rebuild the non A/C heater box

My deep non ac under dash tray came today and I scored a minty dash from p-n-p for $30.

Please keep an eye out for a Scirocco dash...I know...if you ever see one in the yard.

Even one with a few cracks would make me happy.

Will do!

Got a package from far,far away today.

Super cool!

Do you hear an echo in there?

+ Reply to Thread