Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr.Nobody's ever changing daily driver MKII Jetta

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Yes,yes,yes,yes yes..........

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Let there be light! Finally got a chance install the new bulbs for the grill fogs.

those are not fogs
    even if the beam points to the ground in front of the car, they're mounted too high up.

looks freakin' beautiful though
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Let there be light!!

Did a little project to prepare the A/C delete and new dash. The non A/C control panel I got from Dan didn't light up and the plastic is a little rough. Luckily hiding in my stash was a nearly new A/C one, so I did a little surgery.

First patient and tools.

A few minutes later.

And patient number two.

There was a little difference between the inner panels.

So I marked it where I wanted to cut it and busted out the Dremel.

Put it back together and tested it.

Nice
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Took the non A/C heaterbox apart and refoamed the doors. Then I put it back together and installed the new heatercore.

What sort of foam do you use? Just off the shelf stuff from Lowe's?

Uh, you would have to ask Dan(trip permit) he gave me a stack of it when we traded parts, but I am sure it is just foam you would get at a craft store or the craft store area of a store.

First detail of the year.

So clean! *drools*

It looks anything but a 'CL' spec though.

Started the process of finishing the A/C delete/replacing dash by pulling the dash tonight, in process I broke my windshield wiper switch.

This is why I am replacing the dash as well.

A shot of the soon to be replaced tiny glove box.

Going to be cleaning up the wiring too.

This arrived for it today.

Normal Member ExplosiveToaster will become famous soon enough ExplosiveToaster's Avatar
    I have that same steering wheel quick-release in the 190

- Mike | My Photos | '16 VW Golf R | '87 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3-16

I got it after I caught some kid snooping around my car a month or so ago, also I want to get the lock for it, now that I split time between it and the Cabriolet.

Did some little jobs after work, first I changed my switch lighting back from blue LED to green LED.
    The tools

The patients

Was blue

Back to green

Also changed the lighting in the instrument cluster back to green and added some trim rings.

I always liked the trim rings. I put a set in my old Scirocco.

Do you know if the LED clock is still available from VW? I went through my spare clusters but couldn't find a good one.

Quote: Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
    Do you know if the LED clock is still available from VW? I went through my spare clusters but couldn't find a good one.
    I have no idea, I would email Zeb at 1stvwparts.com, if there is one somewhere he will find it.

Got a bunch of little projects done tonight. Went through the wiring, rearranged and redid a few things. Tested the non A/C heater fan and all the the speeds work, so I cleaned the fan and housing out. Then I cleaned the uber deep glove box, underdash tray and the new dash.

Dirty pics of dash

All cleaned up

.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2014.06.06 at 22:29 PM.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
    I have no idea, I would email Zeb at 1stvwparts.com, if there is one somewhere he will find it.
    Zeb's the man. Hopefully in a month or so I'll get another shipment from Germany...all sorts of Scirocco parts.

So Saturday I finished deleting the A/C system from the it, got rid of the A/C heater box, installed the new dash, also the deep euro tray and glove box. Plus I installed my new voltmeter.

So glad I bought a pair these! Made pulling the heater hoses off so much easier!

No more need for these!

Old heavy A/C air box and the new non A/C heater box

Didn't even cross my mind that I would also need to delete the vacuum hoses for the vacuum reservoir. Which left a open port on the check valve so I melted it close and put a rubber cap on.

The deep euro dash tray

Look a usable MKII glove box!

The voltmeter

And the dash all lit up green again.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Looks nice all lit up!

New windshield wiper switch came today, so I installed it.

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    I had to google what this tool was...great idea! I'm going to have to get me one now.

-Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

These our the ones I bought, they are cheap, but the seem solid and worked great.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/161283451321...84.m1439.l2649

I also got this set for easier to reach ones.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/291146927543...84.m1439.l2649

+ Reply to Thread