Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What's New?

What's New?

think of this thread as a changelog for you to track changes I'm making, and different settings I am trying.

We'll see how this goes. I added a live chat box to the forum. A partial window can currently be seen on the main forum page (click the 'forum' link at the top-left) and a full window can be seen from the 'ChatBox Full' link at the top of this page.

Let me know if you notice any issues.

changed the smilies.. little more variety.. little more contrast. I'll keep looking for more. Post in the feedback thread if you have any suggestions.

I have added the "Blue Haze" style, which keeps things blue, but adds more contrast. Please take a look at both (I'll be adding more as well, soon) by using the drop-down selection box at the bottom-left.

avatar uploads should now work..

-avatar uploads work now.. as should profile picture uploads
    -animated avatars should not be allowed
    -signature images are completely disallowed.. though up to 5 smilies are allowed.
    -enabled viewing of post attachments for non-registered users (always thought it ruined the usefulnes of a forum when you aren't registered on a site which makes heavy use of attachments)

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    -enabled viewing of post attachments for non-registered users (always thought it ruined the usefulnes of a forum when you aren't registered on a site which makes heavy use of attachments)
    yes! thank you! that drives me crazy to have to register just to see attachments.
    -Tyler-

-enabled the ability to set a custom user title. If you can think of user titles that should be censored, let me know.

I'm not a huge fan of having titles based on a rank, post count, etc.. so we'll see how this goes

-minimum post size is now two characters. You have to be able to respond with a smiley, right?

-disabled automatic attachment image resizing.. we'll see how that goes.

-added "FEELER:" prefix for use on threads in the classified sub-forum

-changed the "logo" so that it at least shows the name of the site and not 'vbulletin'. This only shows on the 'bluehaze' style right now.

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    -enabled the ability to set a custom user title. If you can think of user titles that should be censored, let me know.
    for various reasons I will probably lock this back up once the site is open to the general public. If you want a custom title, change it now.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    I really like the chatbox. I mean really like it!

added the 'EVENT PICS: " thread prefix for this forum

added 'Technical: ' thread prefix for this forum... for use with technical questions requiring a more serious response than what normal threads might bring

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Yay!

just realized that the user profiles didn't include a field for your name. Seeing as how part of the goal here is to foster community, and most of us know each by first (eventually), this is probably a good thing to have. I've hadded the name field to everyone's profile.. please update yours

http://PNWfahren.com

just put this up tonight.. obviously there's zero content so far, and I've yet to completely decide what sort of things will be on this main page, but it's a start.
    Please post any feedback, thoughts, or suggestions in the feedback thread.

-fixed the issue where the word 'logo' disappeared whenever you typed it
    -"fixed" smilies so you can type a lower case or upper case 'p' and 'd' to get and

-added :crap: and :lol: ( & )
    -added

http://PNWfahren.com is "complete" for now. Check it out and post any thoughts in the feedback thread

-disabled editable custom user titles.. what you have is what you get now (IM me if you want a custom one still)
    -added the google ad at the top. Get used to it, since this site will be paid for mostly by advertisers. With that in mind, we have our first advertiser account created as well

-added new sub-forum called "Events". This is required in order to use the module that links threads with calendar events. Creating a new thread in the Events forum takes you to the calendar's "Add Event" page where a new event is created and then linked in the Events forum as a new thread.
    -added the calendar RSVP mod, which allows people to respond with a 'yes', 'no', or 'maybe' vote on whether they will attend an event, list how many guests they're bringing, and leave a short comment (just like with Facebook events). This should be a lot better than the traditional method of updating the list with every new post in a thread (which gets rather messy). You can easily remove yourself from the list by clicking the "remove" link.

This is all viewable by going to the new Events forum. Click on an existing thread to reply like normal, or to RSVP.

all "forum" or "home" links now point to the PNWfahren 'forumdisplay' page here. They used to point to the main forum page, which simply showed one forum (this one) that you had to click on before seeing threads. This should get rid of an annoyance and make the site a little easier to navigate.

checking off things on my site to-do list.. getting close

+ Reply to Thread