Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What's New?

almost forgot.. I forced the web site style (what determines the forum colors, mostly) for all users and then disabled the ability to change the style. I don't know if any of the earlier users were still on the original style, but they aren't now

added the emoticon

oooooookay... the site has now been publicly announced and user registrations are now open.. no moderation required on my part.

-twardnw+ is now a moderator on this forum. I'll be looking for other moderators as the site grows. Let me know if you're interested
    -added forum rules thread.. this will be updated over the next few days
    -removed 'Register' link from the main pnwfahren.com page.. it was confusing people.
    -locked a couple of threads that aren't needed any more
    -added a couple FAQ items.. will be updating these as times goes on
    -super moderators & administrators now have green user names. Any regular moderators will have red usernames. User profiles also now have a "User Status" field which users aren't able to edit. This will be used to indicate moderators on the forum.

The site also has a Facebook page now: http://www.facebook.com/pages/PNWfah...14527598585871
    It's just another to spread the news to others

-added the ability for users to close their own threads in the classifieds forum. This will be an easy way to close interest in a classified item while still keeping the content searchable.

-adding a couple more censored words as we go. I'm trying to not go overboard with these... just don't abuse things

The new event creation is not working for regular users right now. I'm working on figuring out why.

-new events can now be posted by anyone in the Events Forum. This was broken earlier due to a permissions issue (permissions can be set a thousand different ways in this software... ugh)

-updated the forum rules thread quite a bit. Added vendor/advertising and user infraction sections. Please review and contact me if you have any questions.

FYI, posting in the Events & GTG forums does not add to your post count

-added and

-removed the 'community' banner at the top of the forum pages and added it to the forum rules instead

added a couple more items to the FAQ over the last couple of days

sorry guys. During some maintenance the other day I inadvertently reset the custom user titles that the early accounts had. PM me if the user title you want and I'll set it again

got rid of the confusing 'Login' link on the main pnwfahren.com page as well.

go to the 'community' menu item at the top and then check out the 'groups' link. I created a new group today. Anyone here can also create their own groups. The groups can moderate users who want to join, or they can be completely open to anyone. Groups can contain open discussion by everyone or can only have threads started by the group owner. Group members can upload photos as well. It's kind of like a facebook page I suppose. Use them however you like!

I just added an album to my profile so you guys can see how it works. Go to my profile.. you'll see my group and my album on the bottom left.

To create your own album you can go to 'community' at the top and select 'my albums'. Create a new album and then go to upload the photos. The photo size limits are rather strict (again, kind of like facebook), but the site will try to resize photos that are too large. Once you upload the photos in the 'add attachment' window, you need to select the new photos. Then go back to your album page where you'll see that all of your photos are 'pending'. You can edit descriptions here, and then save all of the photos to the gallery.

-added a simple mod to separate the normal threads from sticky threads just a bit
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

-added a few extra options to the drop down menu that is displayed when you click on a user's name next to their post. You can now easily ignore a user or view their threads & posts from this menu.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

-users are not able to edit their calendar/events thread once posted. This appears to be a known bug with the mod we're using. If you want a change, PM me and I'll make it for you. Otherwise feel free to simply reply to the thread

I was on "another forum" today and realized that something I didn't like about it was the small section for the "Biography" in the user profile. So I came back here and made this site's user profile biography larger. Tell everyone about yourself!

-added some proper banner rotation to the forum

-added and
    -changed forum settings so that unread threads are marked as 'read' after 5 days (old setting was 2 days).

changed maximum threads per page from 20 to 30

added direct link to the calendar in the forum section... hopefully this will make the calendar a little more 'available' to people. I think it's a good feature!

+ Reply to Thread