Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: What's New?

Nah, I didn't simplify much. I usually don't here. So don't feel too bad if you don't understand everything
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Normal Member electromage will become famous soon enough electromage's Avatar
    Where are you hosting now, and what kind of access do you need? I have some VPSs with RamNode (Westin) and they've been very good, even running a Minecraft server on an E5/1GB host. My friend switched to them from Linode recently and said it's much faster.

I run my own servers.. I have an old web server that I'm retiring next week, a VM host with a couple of VMs, including this site's VM, and I'll have a new server up and running next week as another VM host for my other sites. I don't have any real desire to pay per VM right now.. it's much nicer to be able to spin my own up for free, especially since I like running FreeBSD servers

Thanks for the tip though.. who knows what I'll need at any point.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Normal Member electromage will become famous soon enough electromage's Avatar
    I've got my own servers too, but it's nice to be able to spin up a host in a few minutes for only $7-9/mo with it's own bandwidth.

I made some changes yesterday which only allows new registrations to post in a sub-forum that's hidden to everyone else. This should get rid of spam, but will also make it more difficult for anyone who is a legitimate new registration to get in. Hopefully this is an appropriate balance, though.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough

+ Reply to Thread