Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 161 of 161 FirstFirst ... 111 141 151 156 157 158 159 160 161
Results 4,001 to 4,018 of 4018

Thread: Recent Purchases thread

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Ordered an Aero Precision M4E1 Builder set. I had an extra lower I was going to slowly build, but decided to speed things up a bit.

Also purchased new brake wear sensors for the Q7, and oil filters for it and the A3.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    My mind started that sentence as 'Aero Press', didn't think you were that into coffee
    -Tyler-

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    My mind started that sentence as 'Aero Press', didn't think you were that into coffee
    I've grown to like coffee, well enough. I'm a bit of a snob about it, though. Similar to my taste for beer (excpet for being fond of the slightly better than water-ness of Rainier and High Life).

l Arron lSPACE

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Ordered a new pair of boots for work from OSI, and purchased my Weyerhaeuser permit.
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

Ordered a single stage trigger from Velocity Triggers. Brownells was offering $10 off + free shipping, so I pounced. Came with a free lower parts kit, which will bridge the gap between what I have and what I need. Also picked up a 3-gun profile 18" barrel, gas block + tube, Strike Industries buttstock, Bolt Carrier Group, Seekins ambi safety selector, and an extended mag release from Odin Works. Between this haul, and the parts I've saved up from my TacPack subscription, I believe all I am missing is a buffer tube assembly, and optics.

l Arron lSPACE

Talk about an expensive impulse buy....

I flew a friend's on Saturday for less than 10 minutes, and was hooked. Spent a couple days watching super informative videos on YouTube, and flew some more... then picked mine up today. Also picke dup some leg extensions for launching in grass, a better data cable to avoid data connection issues from the controller, and a skin to differentiate mine from said friend's Mavic Pro.

l Arron lSPACE

I bought a quadcopter on Thursday myself... prebuilt zmr250 with typical things you'd have put on a quad a year or two ago. It gets me going. Ordered a new fpv camera and goggles over the weekend, so once I get those I can do some fpv flying.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

UROISH and I were talking about picking up some kits to build race drones similar to the zmr250. The Mavic Pro will do about 40 MPH... which is super fun. I can only imagine how quick a smaller, lighter race drone could go. We both clocked our drones at 38.5 in windy conditions yesterday. Sport mode is awesome.

l Arron lSPACE

with mine being underpowered and heavy it can probably do about 50mph. Once I go to 4S and decrease the weight it'll be closer to 70mph. Some people are building quads that can do nearly 100 now. I've seen videos of a nicely built acrobatic 4S quad chasing cars like a Viper around a track.. the quad was out accelerating the Viper at lower speeds.

I just want to go fast and dance in the air
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Damn, that sounds awesome. I'm hoping to get my oldest daughter into flying drones. At 13, it sounds a lot more useful than texting boys.

l Arron lSPACE

no kidding!

I want my kids to grow up with RC stuff being around. It's one of the biggest things I wish I could have done as a kid, and there's some good skills to learn from it as well (building things, electronics, etc.)

Regular Member benny_mech will become famous soon enough
    I was big into RC stuff in middle school, and still have my Losi JRX2 buggy from 25+ years ago. I did a lot of yard work and odd jobs for my dad's friends to earn the money for that stuff! My wife keeps buying craptastic RC cars from department stores that break almost instantly when my kids drive them. I'm looking for a kit to build with them, but all the kit cars are the full race type buggies and more $$ than I want to spend. There are some decent ready to run cars, but half the fun is building the thing IMHO.
    “Right now, it's like this.”
    ― Ajahn Sumedho

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    it'd be fun to have a crawler, but I've already got too many hobbies
    -Tyler-

ordered a couple of 4S lipo batteries.. need more than two in order to fly

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    Just picked up new blinds for my eldest daughter's room, and blackout curtains for our room. The blackout curtains should allow me to get some sleep coming off of graveyard shifts

FrSky Taranis X9D Special Edition (radio controller/transmitter)
    a pagoda style 5.8ghz antenna
    RunCam 2

and a few more 4S batteries.. and a micro sd card for the runcam

More arrow broadheads for hunting season. I always lose at least one and damage a few.

+ Reply to Thread