Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: My 190E 2.3-16

Normal Member ExplosiveToaster will become famous soon enough ExplosiveToaster's Avatar
    Got a little further today.

Going to try the actual drop-in next weekend if I can recruit some friends to help. I think the car needs to come down a couple inches so the engine & sump will clear the radiator support.
    - Mike | My Photos | '16 VW Golf R | '87 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3-16

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough

Normal Member ExplosiveToaster will become famous soon enough ExplosiveToaster's Avatar
    Finally got the right sized washers for my engine mounts delivered from Fastenal, so I went over after work this evening to see if I could get the engine mounts installed in preparation for dropping the engine this weekend. A few weeks ago I had attempted with a friend, but we realized that MB's design for installing the engine mounts onto the chassis required 30mm M10 washers...which I didn't have and no hardware store sells. In prep for that I had lowered the front of the car and tweaked how the engine was chained to the load bar, so I knew it would clear. Next thing I knew this was happening...

The whole installation process actually went pretty smoothly, and dare I say...easily. Took about an hour and a half start to finish.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    You'll probably be up and running before I will be!

Chatted w/ the guy rebuilding the turbo for me...he's hoping to get back to it soon. Every time he thinks he's done with the current project, the customer keeps adding additional bits he'd like done. It was supposed to have been originally wrapped up last summer.
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '96 GTi

I installed new power steering lines and cleaned out the power steering cooler, got that all mounted up:

Soaked the radiator in my bathtub for a few hours to get most of the dirt off it, and it's also sitting in the car so I can get an idea of where I have space for the oil cooler. I'm waiting on new mounting clips for the radiator and a fin tool to fix all the dings.

You can see the remote oil filter mount sitting there on the left. I also need to figure out where to put that. Ideally somewhere on the right side of the engine bay, but there's a lot of other stuff like the steering system, fuel lines, and brakes over there. Which is a shame because the fittings on the engine are at the back of the engine facing the right side of the engine bay.

Last edited by ExplosiveToaster; 2017.03.22 at 17:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread