Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know much about Jeeps?

Regular Member DowNnOutDubin is on a distinguished road DowNnOutDubin's Avatar
    Well it was leaking at either where the oil filter elbow (where it screws onto the block), or at the oil pan. It also has way too much oil in the crankcase, but I didn't see any spots where it was leaking under the car(you'd really see it with the ground wet). Apparently it was owned by the state and he bought it from them. He said he had one or two others from there that he is selling.. Then goes to tell me it was for his wife... Then says he said he likes the car, but not the color. Lots of things aren't adding up. To top it off he only wants to sell it at work, which only allows for short drives (he wants to be present during) during rush hour. It's stupid clean however, just wish I could be sure it's not the trans leaking or the the front diff looked to maybe have something leaking. Oh it ran smooth and shifted smooth
    Can't decide if I should pull the trigger.
    Last edited by DowNnOutDubin; 2013.11.06 at 21:59 PM.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    eh, for $4500 that would be enough to make me walk away
    -Tyler-

It seems like they're easy and cheap fixes. Plus with new tires it'll get me through the winter I'd suspect. Really blows me away it's a 15 year old car, inside, outside, and in the bay

I'm looking at this Jeep Grand Cherokee at the same dealership as the first Cherokee I was looking at. The price is right, mileage isn't too bad. Looks to be cared for at glance. I was kind of weary of getting a Grand Cherokee, but I'm sticking with the 4.0L (V8's are just sluggish MPG pigs). From what I'm reading that it is a more comfortable car than the standard classic Cherokee, but a little more expensive to lift as there are no rear leaf springs. I think the CPS likes taking a crap often and the occasional window regulator (Not horrible IMO). I might go check it out tomorrow if they're open.

http://www.usedcarmarketwholesale.co...tone-or=459140

Last edited by DowNnOutDubin; 2013.11.10 at 16:39 PM.

beefier rear diff.. right?
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    beefier rear diff.. right?
    I think that is with only the V8's that received the D44.

I went to go look at that Grand last night.. The body and interior were very nice. My g/f caught them just as they were about the close while I was rushing to get there stuck in traffic. It idled for about 10 mins before I got there. The guy told my g/f that it hasn't been ran in awhile. When I checked the oil cap there was lots of vapor coming out from it! Checked the dipstick right after and vapor was even coming from the dipstick tube (no milkiness on the dipstick however). I plan on going back today and looking at it again and drive it. I wasn't sure how I liked a grand, but kind of like it actually. Hopefully all that moisture diminishes after everything heats up. Also I noticed the heat was cranked, so I'll be doing this test with the heat turned off

Last edited by DowNnOutDubin; 2013.11.14 at 11:51 AM.

that place comes across as a bit sketchy to me
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Yeah I'm done with that place.. Any further ad's I'm going to try to ignore. My g/f thinks I'm probably not allowed back anyways

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    -Tyler-

Okay well I found this one for more than I was wanting to spend.. However with the cash I'd use for a downpayment I'm looking at $50 a month, which could easily be paid off early.

It's a 1999 w/ 89k
    They're asking $8977, I don't think I could find a less molested Jeep.. Hmmm

Such a nice color

(⌐■_■)
    clean! wow!
    -Tyler-

Mechanically that thing was a wreck.

I'm thinking I'll go look at this thing after work. Tempted to buy carfax to verify the mileage is correct. However I feel like the driver side fender or door gap is quite off. Everything else seems like an easy fix given the miles and price.

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/4211227714.html
    Last edited by DowNnOutDubin; 2013.11.25 at 12:50 PM.

this thread has taught me that I should probably look for a toyota when I decide to get a car like this

As someone told in regards to my Jeep search, "You're chasing a unicorn."
    Last edited by DowNnOutDubin; 2013.11.26 at 09:25 AM.

There has been this ad.. it's over priced, but I like the truck.. I decided I'll email him on my other account

"I'm curious why you have your vehicle priced over $1400-2000 from Edmonds and KBB value. I'm assuming you have every available option and brand new tires and not a single flaw on the body, interior, or no leaks when I assessed the value. I'm interested, but feel that it is priced way to high for what it is. I'm just asking because I wouldn't want to look at it and waste your or my time with a "low ball" offer. Or assuming you priced for low ball offers or some haggling room. It does look like a strait clean Jeep."

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/4212220448.html
    Last edited by DowNnOutDubin; 2013.11.26 at 09:26 AM.

(⌐■_■)
    wow that's steep
    -Tyler-

I think I found it!!! I looked at it almost a month ago, then the guy fell off the face of the earth. It has 130k, best one I looked at so far. It's like a 9/10. Anyways he emailed me back today randomly saying he still has it. The only thing that turned me off is the cluster and oil filter adapter leak. I could swap the cluster and that o-ring is cheap!

Last edited by DowNnOutDubin; 2013.11.26 at 22:25 PM.

It's mine!
    Last edited by DowNnOutDubin; 2013.11.30 at 01:28 AM.

Wow.. cool

(⌐■_■)
    excellent!
    -Tyler-

It's crazy how much different the paint can look in a different light.

+ Reply to Thread