Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Project car towing

Normal Member ExplosiveToaster will become famous soon enough ExplosiveToaster's Avatar

Project car towing

Has anyone had luck with getting their project cars towed with AAA? While its not a roadside emergency, it seems it depends on the region/dispatcher whether AAA will tow a car from a shop to a home. I'd like to get the Benz towed back to my garage tomorrow afternoon.

Alternatively, any recommendations for cheap towing services with flatbeds are appreciated.
    - Mike | My Photos | '16 VW Golf R | '87 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3-16

I've used AAA a couple of times for this. It really depends on the dispatcher you talk to.. and what you tell them. Some dispatchers won't ask you any questions and just quickly get you a truck to show up. Others ask tons of questions... I had one insist that I called the shop I was towing to/from and have them call AAA. I called AAA back and got a different dispatcher who didn't care about anything and just sent a truck my way.

tell them that your car is damaged and that you need it towed to a shop... or something along those lines. The trickier part is when you're towing from the shop back home.. they'll ask if the shop didn't completely repair the car. If they do ask.. just tell them something about how the shop found more work that needed to be done and you can't afford it right now.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    I've rented the smallest Uhaul box truck and car transport for the day to pick up a project car before. They won't allow you to tow with their pickups or vans.
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

Regular Member benny_mech will become famous soon enough
    I borrowed a friend's Tahoe, bought a hitch for it, and rented a car dolly to bring my 2002 home when I bought it. I thought about AAA, but didn't try it.
    “Religion is a defense against the experience of God.”
    — C.G. Jung

Normal Member ExplosiveToaster will become famous soon enough ExplosiveToaster's Avatar
    Called up AAA and just explained that the car is undrivable and repairs at the shop were more than I could pay. In the future I think it'll be easier to borrow a truck & car dolly and tow it myself, but at least it's back at the garage for me to get to work on it
    - Mike | My Photos | '16 VW Golf R | '87 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3-16

+ Reply to Thread