Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Das haus

everyone probably knows me by now bingthejew is on a distinguished road bingthejew's Avatar
    What do you recommend for batten insulation? Found out the blow-in crap was really light over my daughter's room, and I want to better insulate it.
    "When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it." - Steve McQueen

'78 Rabbit, '06 Dodge 2500 5.9L Cummins, '14 Touareg TDI(wife's), '14 GTI

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    more blow in > that batts

Last night I finished wiring up the outlets and new can lights in Jen's office, definitely not a dark dingy basement room any longer Also re-ran and re-wired the washing machine outlet. Due to that, I now need to re-wire the downstairs bathroom. The routes some of this wiring takes just makes me wonder how the place didn't burn down already
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Natural gas line and meter was installed on Friday.

Which means the furnace, water heater, and stove go in on Monday/Tuesday. Which means I have to pull down a lot more basement ceiling, and remove some brick-work from the side of the house, all today. Wow, life is ****ing busy right now.
    -Tyler-

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Hot damn, Tyler. youz be busy busy.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    so. tired.
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    We did get almost the entirety of the ceilings pulled down in the basement, ready for the furnace install to start tomorrow. Also took out the corner of the brick planter box where the vents for the furnace will run outside. And wired up another outlet in the bedroom.
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    Put up some draperies last night.
    -Tyler-

moar pics
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

(⌐■_■)
    yeah, I've been too busy fixing to take pictures
    -Tyler-

understandable.. but still
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

(⌐■_■)
    Arron, I think I figured out how to re-arrange the garage so I can get more use of the space while I am working on building out the loft. Means a brew-day could happen soon after the little one arrives.

Joel, here's a picture:

It shows: most of the basement ceiling is removed, there's some new lighting installed, and my tap setup is just about finished oh, and we took all the garage shelving, I built all of it
    -Tyler-

is that fridge built into the wall.. or did you just mount the doors there?

(⌐■_■)
    the beer fridge died after it arrived in the basement, so I salvaged the doors, mounted them on the wall, and built a keezer in the utility room behind the wall
    -Tyler-

that's cool

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    the beer fridge died after it arrived in the basement, so I salvaged the doors, mounted them on the wall, and built a keezer in the utility room behind the wall
    Awesome!
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

(⌐■_■)
    I'm shopping for a small beverage cooler now too, as I no longer have a space to store my aging bottles :\
    -Tyler-

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    That is genius.

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Arron, I think I figured out how to re-arrange the garage so I can get more use of the space while I am working on building out the loft. Means a brew-day could happen soon after the little one arrives.
    Awesome. It's been too long.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

(⌐■_■)
    I'm going to be putting up a lean-to behind my garage, for outdoor, covered, storage. So, last weekend, my dad and I dug out and leveled the space. Previous owners have just used this spot for dumping their yard debris, for 60 years, so there was a little bit of dirt to move.

This pile is ~5.5 cubic yards of dirt (half a full-size dump truck)

Placed concrete piers (2 feet deep).

And then on Saturday I moved in 3 yards of crushed gravel, and we set the uprights and first set of cross pieces (no pics of that yet).
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    Little things around the house that make you feel accomplished
    • Hooked up temporary downspout on front gutter so that it doesn't back up and run down the side of the house (found some siding that needs to be replaced)
    • Fixed leak around vent for bathroom fan, hooked bathroom fan ducting back to roof vent
    • applied 2nd coat of plaster to patchwork in Signe's room
    -Tyler-

Nice. I need to do a few things around our house... apply grease to the garage door track, add caulking in a couple of places, etc. Where is time?

(⌐■_■)
    little 45 minutes chunks here and there during the week, then weekends are dedicated to house projects
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    finished sanding the plaster in baby's room this morning, then my dad and I got a fresh coat of paint down, need to get more paint for the fresh drywall/plaster though
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    Heh, kinda got busy for a while there. I have finished pulling the main ceiling down in the basement, and now have can lights in the TV and bar/office areas. Have started working on the garage, have put up a few sheets of plywood (painted white) for ceiling, and a few walls as well. Almost have enough space cleared out to get the Volvo in and start working. Outside, we have 6 6'x3' garden boxes, the rubber-mulch crap from the front flower beds is all gone, I have pulled up 4 rhododendron's (1 to go), cut down the apple tree, and emptied the watering-trough/pond of dirt, some friends are going to come take it away this weekend.
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    This weekend:
    Replaced broken pipes in the irrigation system
    Replaced broken sprinkler heads
    Aimed/Tuned sprinklers
    Dug out: Camelia, some sort of bursh, 3 more rose bushes
    Built new box for containing back-flow preventer and sprinkler valves
    Worked on shaping flower beds

And, helped the neighbors move ~8 yards of crushed gravel from the street to the back of their lot
    -Tyler-

+ Reply to Thread