Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Meet Alice, new summer daily!

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar

Meet Alice, new summer daily!

So now, the other day, THIS happened:

So I was asking myself...I don't have time for the '55, I haven't worked on the TR6, the bunny is not coming back together by itself...so what better to do than to get another project?

Here's Alice! Well-known in the Scirocco circle. She has a ton of miles on her body...and I can't believe the odometer still works, but has a 9A out of a Golf and a 020 out of a Mk3.

The interior needs some love...this is an Arizona car, so I'm looking for a 'better' dash. Keep an eye out for me.

For now I'm just planning to drive it this summer. It's going to be an awesome summer.

Owning a Scirocco is like being whole again.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    nice! congrats!

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Congrats! I saw that you were trying to find your old one.

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
    Congrats! I saw that you were trying to find your old one.
    Yeah, I couldn't find the guy.

I did find his instagram...he proceeded to tear it apart about 2 months or so ago. Not sure what his plans are, but I'd still love to talk to him.

Very nice. One of my favorite VWs ever. I love those ATS.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    fking love it.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

those ATS cup wheels do look awesome on that car. I'm glad you got a scirocco again
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Regular Member alxdgr8 will become famous soon enough
    Looks great!
    -Alex @vexartmedia-
    '03 Audi S8 (Avus/Oxblood - DD)
    '92 Porsche 968 (VW 07k 2.5T swap in the works) --- '86 Audi Coupe GT (2.3L 20v swap) ---'83 Audi UrQuattro (2.2L 20vt swap in progress)

Thanks everyone! So now, the next big question.

What nose would look best?

Should I go the E30 projector route again like so:

Or should I go old school with some Hella projectors as such:

But with these:

I know the picture shows the wrong ones, but I have a NOS set of this style in 4x6.

Or should I go the Euro way, with yellow inners like so:

Disclaimer: the actual NOS VW ones I have really aren't that 'yellow'.

Here is the 'but' though:

In order to produce another nose with E30'ies, I'd have to find a set of US headlights to cut the brackets off again.

Some thing for option number 2, I need a set of US headlights.

The third option I would need some adjusters...which I'm unable to find. Does anyone know if the later Vanagon ones would work?

Old school Hella projectors.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

oem euro
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

I think I'm agreeing with Adam. Now to find some US headlights!

Regular Member Helios is on a distinguished road Helios's Avatar
    Sweet. Congrats! I've always liked the 16v Roccos.
    -Chris S.

"If they ain't a little too wide, they ain't wide enough!"
    '76 Mk1 / '86 Rocco / '87 XR4Ti / '93.5 SLC / '94 SVT / '95 RS / '03 GC Limited

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    nice!

Finally got some plates, now I can drive her! Having driven the Nissan for so long, I had to adjust being so close to the ground.

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Was this Coppafeel's car?
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

No, Black92EightValve's.

Regular Member benny_mech will become famous soon enough
    I dig it!
    “Religion is a defense against the experience of God.”
    — C.G. Jung

/grumble mode on:

I'd never buy a VW with a sunroof, but I did because nice Sciroccos are not easy to come by anymore.
    So what do I have to do? Fix it. Luckily it has an A2 chassis sunroof mechanism which is a heck of a lot easier to get parts for than a Scirocco unit.

/grumble mode off.

Since it has one, I just wish I could use it on days like today. That's all.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    I will be swinging by p-n-p Saturday and can look into getting you sunroof parts.

What do you need to fix? Aside from occasional leaking with seriously heavy rain, my two mk2 sunroofs worked pretty well

Quote: Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
    I will be swinging by p-n-p Saturday and can look into getting you sunroof parts.
    Oh sweet! Thank you!

Quote: Originally Posted by joel View Post
    What do you need to fix? Aside from occasional leaking with seriously heavy rain, my two mk2 sunroofs worked pretty well
    Yeah, I'm not sure. It just binds. When I try to crank it, at first it tries to move and the lid will start to come down just a bit, but then the gear just skips on the cables.
    I've never had a VW with a sunroof so I'm not even too sure on how it works. I've been checking out vagcat and I know that the passenger side cable end piece is broken for sure, the part that is supposed to 'clip' to the 'leaf spring' is no longer there. One of the front guides is missing its insert, but I didn't think that would harm too much.

Hey, they only had one MkII in the yard and it actually was a non sunroof one, but I will keep my eye out.

Thank you for looking! When I get some time I'll take this sunroof apart to see what's actually going on with it.

So I put the dash in the bunny, and ran into another issue. So I said eff that and played with Alice today. She got a nose job!

I don't think Hella has ever made anything that didn't look good.

+ Reply to Thread