Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Meet Alice, new summer daily!

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Looking good!

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Looks really good!

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Thanks!

Who thinks I should add a set of yellow fogs? I have the factory VW brackets to mount them under the bumper.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Dunno, it looks pretty clean as is.

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Isn't it about time for an update? Heck, I think Chris has had more time with her than myself. But he did get her to run right.

Well, how about some excuses?

1. No time to play with cars.
    2. Picasa became google photos and now I have to find a different way of hosting images.
    3. See excuse #1.

Anyway, here goes! I had a couple of days off recently and I decided to work on Alice.

Here's where it all started:

Then I tore the interior out to install some Dynamat. Found 4 field mouse nests, one under the passenger seat, one behind the radio, one on the tray under the dash on the passenger side, and one one the tray under the dash on the drivers side. That last one had the added bonus of containing one dead mouse. Needless to say, I did not put the under dash trays back as Alice lives outside. Everything got a DEEP clean. Total horsepower gain from installing Dynamat? -10%.

Then on to the exterior. Repainted bumpers.

Put the interior back together:

Installed some parts bin hardware. Total horsepower gain? -1%.

Added some Euro goodies:

Use some 1500 grit sandpaper, followed by some polishing compound, on the badges. Total horsepower gain? +0.000001%. Gave the 16v badge my usual treatment (GM Victory red)

Finally, she got to strut her stuff at Pacific Waterland, where she got second place! (out of a total of 3 Sciroccos)

Normal Member KlokWerk is on a distinguished road
    sweet looking car!

Quote: Originally Posted by KlokWerk View Post
    sweet looking car!
    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread