Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: The $500 saved from the scrapper Cabriolet

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Been working a lot of OT lately, so behind on updates. Got the rest of the stuff to change out the steering column to get rid of the airbag and install the new steering wheel. Also finally ordered some Hella e-codes for it, when they get here and I have some free time I will install them and relay them.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Cabriolet got new eyes today, out with the crappy sealed beams and in with the e-codes! Going to be a much brighter drive to work in the morning. Still need to relay them, but they are way better. Just checked them out but didn't take a pic.

New on left, old right

Finally changed out the steering column out to get rid the airbag wheel. So much nicer to drive, still need to get the correct turn signal switch though.

Before

The supplies

After

And couple of pics of why you need to change the whole steering column to get rid of the airbag wheel in a '90-'93 Cabriolets. The early airbag wheels didn't have the integrated clock spring. It was separate, the shaft has both large and small spline.

Still working a lot of OT so progress has been slow on all the cars. After just two weeks one my E-Codes split, there is no visible sign of any impact. Will inspect closer once I get a chance to change it out. I got a new one yesterday at 4Wheel parts by the Alderwood Mall and for $4 you can get a 3 year warranty against any type of damage, so I did it. Wish I had got the lights from there in the first place now.

Damage

Also, finally got the new correct turn signal switch, but need time to install it.

Decided to get the headlight changed, turn signal switch in and fix the windshield washers, pins got bent when I changed the steering column. Only problem is I think the horn button on wheel doesn't work, will investigate later. Still don't know why the light broke, absolutely no impact marks on the glass.

Installed my Barnes Design Group repop non AC rain tray today. It's a really nice repop, thicker material than stock and exact match.

Kinda last minute yesterday morning I decided to wash and buff it. I didn't do anything other then the paint, I really need to find some time to detail the whole thing. Not much free time between work, show season for the Jetta and spending time with my daughter before she leaves for college. I have some parts for projects for it laying around though. It didn't come out to bad, considering I didn't spend as much time as I wanted. And the fact it that I have only really detailed the paint twice since buying it.

Pulled the bumpers because the dirt behind them has been driving me nuts since I bought it.

Some before and afters

Some outside shots

Looks better than anything I own!

Daughter helped my give a full detail Friday and showed it for us Sunday, didn't win anything, but lots of people checked it out and took pics of it.
    Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2016.07.18 at 07:59 AM.

Couple weekends ago I finally figured out why the horn wasn't working after the airbag delete, I missed the step of adding a wire between the wiper switch and fuse box. So yesterday I added the wire and I am all set to let people know they are retarded again.

Did something I have wanted to do since we got it, loving the new look.

Before

After

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Looks good! Time to get the paint booth setup again and paint that front bumper.

Found a decent set of inner and outer window seals at the wrecking yard yesterday . My outer ones where crusty and shrunken. New ones look a lot better. My passenger side inner had a big kink/ tear in it, so new one is a big improvement.

Comparison of condition.

Bad inner one

Tune up parts have all arrived and the new wheels came today.

Changed the plugs, cap, rotor, wires, belts, 02 sensor, coolant sensor(blue), put a set of EBC green stuff pads and rotors on.

Was going to put the new wheels and tires on, but ran into a snag.
    I need 3mm spacers. So it will have to wait till next weekend.

New wheels on, new steering wheel in and quick release installed.

Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2017.03.12 at 12:22 PM.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    holy giant pics batman!
    -Tyler-

Is that better? I originally just copy and pasted my vortex post. Used Photobucket this time

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    They fit on the screen now Vortex must just enforce some resizing

Those wheels are awesome
    -Tyler-

Installed new tail lights and side markers.

Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2017.03.28 at 18:06 PM.

such a cool little car
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Smoked front turn signals came today.

Gave it, it's summer detail.

Nice! I wish the paint on the scirocco looked half that good.

+ Reply to Thread