Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The $500 saved from the scrapper Cabriolet

President, MK2 Society trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit has a spectacular aura about trip permit's Avatar
    Armor door plates are a bitch to get to work. The ones with the beveled edges are the best ones.. You will have to get that door as straight as possible down there, or you will have issues locking it and unlocking it as well as the handle operating. I have had my handles get stuck so many times due to armor door plates.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    Yeah, I know they are a bitch, I have them on the Jetta. I want to track down a set of the beveled ones, but I just randomly found one at p-n-p and I just didn't want the ugly hole in the door.

A Somebody Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody is a jewel in the rough Mr.Nobody's Avatar
    So the day started out ok installed new rotors, fresh hardware and cleaned the brakes up a little. The passenger side needed new bolts also the were stripped and yout could tell the had been vise gripped several times.

Then the day went to shit, I took it for a drive to bed the brakes a little, when I got home I stopped in front of my gf's car parked across the street from our apartment. That way we could swap spots, then it happened, my dumbass neighbor backed straight across the street into me with his CRV. So It looks just like the fender is toast, frame rail looks ok. But I know we are going to have to fight his insurance company, because they are going to want to total it.

Here is some shots of how far he had to drive to hit me, I have no ****ing idea what he was thinking.
    He backed down his driveway. (my building is on the right)

Across the sidewalk and landing.

Across the street.

And hit me, I was sitting in front of my gf's Golf with two wheels sitting on the curb.

The damage.

And his "damage"

Worse part is I can see his Honda as soon as I step out my door. This is a shot standing in my doorway and he parks next to the black car.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Glad that it wasn't as bad as I thought it was from what you stated earlier. Maybe see if he will settle outside insurance?

We are doing it through insurance, gf is a paralegal, so she is being very strict on how this is going to be handled. She talked to one of the lawyers she works for he said he would handle any issues for us for free already.

What the heck.

I'm sorry this happened...neighbor use a lot of illegal and/or adult substances?

I have no idea, he lives in the building next ours, so I have only seen him at the dumpsters and backing down the driveway.

Crazy.. some people :/
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Well girlfriend just talked to the adjuster for his insurance they have officially excepted liability, so now on to step two quotes.
    Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2014.05.14 at 13:51 PM.

now comes the 'fun' part..
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!

Yeah, I really have no clue who to go to, the sent me a list of their preferred places. Luckly a bunch of them are within a couple of miles of my place. I have never gone and got a quote ever. I am sure they will say the whole car has to be painted, so then the insurance company will want to total it, then as Joel mentioned the fun will begin.
    Last edited by Mr.Nobody; 2014.05.14 at 15:57 PM.

Here is the list, if anybody has experience with any of these shops I am all ears.

don't go to any insurance company's preferred shop

go to a shop that you're comfortable with and have them quote and deal with the insurance company on your behalf

Two of the shops I drive by regularly and looking on line they have really good reviews. One those ones always has high end cars being worked on at it. I really don't feel comfortable with any body shop because I have no experience with them.

haury's is well liked by enthusiasts.. they mostly do bmw's, but it might be worth calling them to see if they'd work on your car.

Decided to do some work on it today, I replaced the voltage stabilizer and added a ground wire to the instrument cluster all seem good now. Now I need to figure out why the airbag lights are on. My daughter scrubbed and brushed the carpet I picked up for it, she also cleaned the top cover for me too.

**** they declared it a total loss.

not surprised..

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    sucks, but yeah, not surprised
    -Tyler-

Yeah, we knew it would be, but were hoping they wouldn't, didn't want a salvage title. But I have to say his insurance was easy to deal with and made good offers either way we decided to go(sale to them/total or total it/but it back). We agreed on the buy back deal, check should be here Wednesday.

Just got off the phone with Ethan at FT to schedule it to have the hub and wheel bearing fixed. Made a deal during work via facebook to go pick up a black fender, passenger door(existing break in damage) and a early chrome trim set for $100 on Saturday in Bellingham.

Can I ask how much they're giving you for the car?

Yeah, if we had let them total it and take it the check would have been for 2,986. Since we totaled it and kept it it is for 1,994, I would have liked it to be more, but both those numbers were more than the repair estimate, we decide not to fight them over a few hundred more. Really though they we're easy to deal with.

Regular Member benny_mech will become famous soon enough
    Saved from the scrapper twice! That's one lucky cabby.
    “Right now, it's like this.”
    ― Ajahn Sumedho

There was no way we were letting it go, not after what we went through to get it.

that actually sounds like a pretty good deal

+ Reply to Thread